Sometimes, enough is enough. Enough with the telemarketer robocalls and spammy text messages. Enough with that one person who keeps calling the wrong number. Enough with those kids down the block making prank calls. iOS has allowed you to easily block phone numbers since iOS 7, ensuring you’ll never be bothered by a particular caller again.
Block Annoying Texters
1. In the Messages app, go to the conversation with the person you want to block. Tap Details. Tap the “i” button next to that person’s name or phone number.
2. Tap Block This Caller. When prompted, confirm that you want to block that person by tapping “Block Contact.”
Block Annoying Callers
The process for blocking callers is similar to blocking text messages. This time, though, you go through the Phone app.
1. From the Phone app, look for the person whose number you want to block. If it’s in the Recents list, tap the “i” button next to the person’s name or phone number in question. To block a contact, go to the Contacts tab, then select the person you want to block.
2. Tap Block This Caller. Confirm when prompted.
When you block a caller in the Phone app, you will no longer receive text messages, phone calls, or FaceTime requests from that person or phone number.
If you want to bury the hatchet, you can just as easily unblock a caller.
1. Open Settings, then tap Phone. You can also tap Messages or FaceTime if you want -- all three pull from the same Blocked list.
2. Tap Blocked, then tap Edit.
3. Tap the red “-” button next to the number you want to unblock, then tap Unblock to confirm.