After I saw Avengers: Endgame, the ultimate chapter of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Infinity Saga, I had two questions: How soon can I see it again, and how long will it take Disney to release it for digital rental, purchase and on Disney Plus?
While it took a bit of time for Disney to make these details formal, we've finally got them nailed down. So, let's dig into announced dates for when you can own and watch Endgame on digital and optical media.
When Does Avengers Endgame Come Out on Digital and Blu-Ray?
Endgame is available for pre-order now on Amazon and iTunes for $19.99, and Disney just announced it will hit digital services on July 30. If you want to own the Blu-ray, you'll be waiting for August 13.
What kind of special features are coming on these releases?
The digital release gets one bonus feature that's near and dear to my heart as a fan of the film. The press release announcing these releases notes an "exclusive extra highlighting the love story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Peggy Carter," that will be on the digital release.
Those who buy a physical copy will get a ton of treats. All of these details have been pulled from the press release.
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original "Iron Man" — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow's journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history ... back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – "Goji Berries," "Bombs on Board," "Suckiest Army in the Galaxy," "You Used to Frickin' Live Here," "Tony and Howard" and "Avengers Take a Knee."
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro - Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary - Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
When Does Avengers Endgame Come Out on Disney Plus?
On May 8, Disney CEO Bob Iger marked December 11 as the date when Avengers: Endgame will release on Disney Plus, its exclusive streaming home. Captain Marvel will also make its streaming debut on Disney Plus when the service launches on November 12.
Is Avengers Endgame still in theaters?
Actually, Marvel and Disney are giving audiences a reason to go back to the cinemas with an updated version of Avengers Endgame. This version hits select theaters on Friday, June 28 and includes an introduction from director Anthony Russo, a deleted scene that's "unfinished" plus a sneak peek of Spider-Man: Far From Home, which heavily ties into Endgame.
Credit: Marvel Studios