- Page 1:It's dangerous to go alone. Take this!
- Page 2:The one that started it all: "The Legend of Zelda" (1986)
- Page 3:The experiment: "The Adventure of Link"
- Page 4:The classic: "A Link to the Past"
- Page 5:The weird ones: "Link's Awakening" and the CD-i games
- Page 6:The gold standard: "Ocarina of Time"
Few video games have the power to inspire such unequivocal delight as the "Legend of Zelda" series of video games by Nintendo.
From its first game in 1986 to "A Link Between Worlds" released for the Nintendo 3DS in Nov. 2013, to the upcoming "Hyrule Warriors" just announced on Dec. 18, "The Legend of Zelda" has thrilled players and inspired designers for generations.
Today millions of people have grown up playing these games, and "The Legend of Zelda" is practically a household name. But all legends have a beginning. Here's how one of gaming's most treasured legends got its start.