Scoring a Sony PS5 restock could get a little easier next month. Sony Direct is now allowing gamers to register for its invite-only PS5 restock events. Signing up doesn't guarantee you'll get a PS5 — nor does it guarantee you'll get an invite — but it does increase your chances of getting that coveted invite-only email from Sony.
With Black Friday deals starting earlier than ever, competition to get a PS5 console is expected to be fierce this holiday season, so any advantage goes a long way. Gamers with a PlayStation Online ID can register as of today for Sony's invite-only PS5 drops via this link. According to the Sony website, those who register will begin receiving invitations starting November 2021. If selected, you'll receive an email with the date, time, and instructions for purchasing a PS5 console.
PS5: register @ Sony Direct
Sony Direct is letting gamers register for its invite-only PS5 restocks. The restocks will be held in November. Registering doesn't guarantee you'll receive an invite nor does it guarantee you'll be able to purchase a PS5 console should you be invited. View Deal
If you don't receive anything, that means you weren't selected. The Sony website states that "selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities." (If not selected, we recommend following our Black Friday PS5 deals coverage for the latest deals and news on restocks and games).
How to get a PS5 if you don't receive an invite
Even if you don't receive an invite from Sony, not all hope is lost. Usually after an invite-only PS5 restock occurs, Sony tends to open its virtual queue to the general public. However, it's not always guaranteed they'll do that. (There have been instances where the retailer has completely sold out of consoles).
If there are extra consoles, a restock for the general public typically occurs after the invite-only event wraps up. (Usually an hour or two after the start of the original drop). Of course, you can bookmark our PS5 restock page and we'll keep you updated on the latest PS5 restock news from Sony Direct and all major U.S. retailers.
PS5 restock tracker — retailers to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 23)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 11)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 28)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 21)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 1)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 28)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 22)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 13)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock October 1)