Sony PS5 restock is slightly easier to find. Although Sony was holding invite-only PS5 restock events, the last few console drops were open to the general public. In addition, one of the restocks last month lasted for 24+ hours and had no queue. That said, Sony is still accepting registrations for invite-only drops. (Alternatively, Amazon is also accepting requests for its PS5 drops).
As a reminder, signing up doesn't guarantee you'll get a PS5 — nor does it guarantee you'll get an invite — but it could increase your chances of getting an invite-only email from Sony. (Assuming they continue invite-only drops). We recommend you register as we don't know when (or if) Sony will close registrations.
Competition to get a PS5 console has calmed down dramatically. Stock, however, remains scarce. Gamers with a PlayStation Online ID can register for Sony's invite-only PS5 drops via this Sony link. According to the Sony website, those who register will begin receiving invitations direct from Sony. If selected, you'll receive an email with the date, time, and instructions for purchasing a PS5 console.
PS5: register @ Sony Direct
Sony Direct is letting gamers register for its invite-only PS5 restocks. Registering doesn't guarantee you'll receive an invite nor does it guarantee you'll be able to purchase a PS5 console should you be invited.
If you don't receive anything, that means you weren't selected. The Sony website states that "selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities." (If not selected, Walmart has been offering restocks for its Walmart Plus members. Although nothing is confirmed at the moment, it's likely they'll have more restocks in the coming weeks. Here's how to sign up for Walmart Plus).
PS5 restock tracker — retailers to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 8)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 22)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 20)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 16)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 20)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 15)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 15)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles (last restock May 11)
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 9)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 26)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock July 25)
- Verizon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 21)
How to get a PS5 if you don't receive an invite
Even if you don't receive an invite from Sony, not all hope is lost. Usually after an invite-only PS5 restock occurs, Sony tends to open its virtual queue to the general public. However, it's not always guaranteed they'll do that. (There haven't been that many open restocks in the past few weeks).
If there are extra consoles, a restock for the general public typically occurs after the invite-only event wraps up. (Usually an hour or two after the start of the original drop). Of course, you can bookmark our PS5 restock page and we'll keep you updated on the latest PS5 restock news from Sony Direct and all major U.S. retailers.