Amazon PS5 restocks are now invite-only events. Earlier this year, Amazon announced that shoppers must request an invite for all future PS5 restock events.
"To ensure that as many genuine customers as possible can buy this high-demand item, we sell it by invitation," reads the new messaging on Amazon's PS5 page. If you sign up and you're invited to purchase a PS5 at Amazon, you'll get an e-mail invitation. You can sign up for the next Amazon restock via this Amazon link. Amazon's PS5 product page notes that it's currently sending out invites on September 19 for its next drop. (We signed up on June 2 and have yet to get an invite). Alternatively, Sony has been offering more console drops — one of which lasted for 24+hours with no queue.
Amazon PS5 restock (sign up for invites)
PS5 Disc w/ Horizon Forbidden West: for $549 @ Amazon
This bundle includes the PS5 Disc console and Horizon Forbidden West. In our Horizon Forbidden West review, We called the Editor's Choice game an excellent sequel that delivers a thrilling open-world experience to fans of the original game. You can now register to buy this bundle.
How to register for the next Amazon PS5 restock
Of all the retailers that have offered PS5 drops these past few years, Amazon has been the hardest to track. Amazon PS5 restocks not only come unannounced, but they also sell out within minutes. Amazon is now changing how they tackle PS5 restocks by requiring that shoppers sign up for restocks via their sign-in page.
Registering at for a PS5 invite from Amazon is fairly easy. First, sign into your account and then head to the PS5 product page at Amazon. The "Add to cart" button on the PS5 page has been replaced with a "Request invitation" button. Click on the request button and you'll automatically be signed in. That's it!
Amazon states that if you're invited to purchase the PS5, you'll get an email with a link that's valid for 72 hours. Amazon clearly states that it will not be able to accommodate everyone, so registering isn't a guarantee you'll get an invite or a console.
It's worth noting that registration is only open to purchase the PS5 Disc console. There's no registration button on the PS5 Digital page.
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 8)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 22)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 20)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 16)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 20)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 15)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 15)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles (last restock May 11)
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 9)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 26)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock July 25)
- Verizon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock July 21)
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
As deals editor at Tom’s Guide, Louis is constantly looking for ways to avoid paying full price for the latest gadgets. With over 10 years of deals-hunting experience, Louis price checks against multiple retailers and searches high and low for the best deals to bring readers. A born-and-bred New Yorker, Louis is also an avid swimmer and marathoner. His work has appeared on Gizmodo, CNET, and Time Out New York.