Knowing how to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to your Apple Wallet will save you a ton of time. As long as you're running the latest version of iOS 15 on your iPhone, you can add your proof of vaccination to your virtual wallet, making it available whenever you need it.
Adding your proof of vaccination to your Apple Wallet on any of the best iPhones is easy — we promise. We've listed step-by-step instructions on how to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to your Apple Wallet below.
- The best iPhone apps you can download
- See the best iPhone deals right now
Note that you'll need to be running at least version 15.1 of iOS for your Apple Wallet to offer COVID-19 vaccination card support. See our guide on how to download iOS 15 to update to the latest version, which also adds SharePlay and ProRes recording for those with a device from the iPhone 13 Pro series.
The new Apple Wallet vaccination card feature is partially dependent on individual countries or states adding support for digital, verifiable vaccination cards. We successfully tested it out with the NYS Wallet app, but similar steps should apply to different forms of proof. Those who got their jab at national pharmacies like CVS or Walgreens can add COVID-19 vaccination cards to Apple Wallet too.
Here's how to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to your Apple Wallet.
How to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to Apple Wallet
1. Open your digital proof of vaccination on your iPhone, whether it's in a pharmacy app or other third-party app provided by your state or country.
2. Click the "Add to Apple Wallet" icon. If you don't see this icon, your digital vaccination proof provider might not offer support yet. You can try clicking share, plus or ellipses icon to find an "Add to Apple Wallet" prompt, too.
3. Click "Add" from the options window. You might be redirected to the Apple Wallet app.
4. View your COVID-19 vaccination card in your Apple Wallet. It should appear as the top pass option, beneath your payment methods. Now, when you're asked to show proof of vaccination, you can open this card in your Apple Wallet.
If your pharmacy provided a QR code, you can see how our friends over at LaptopMag added their COVID-19 vaccination card from CVS.
How to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to Apple Wallet from a paper card
As of now, the option to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to Apple Wallet only works with digital forms of proof. That means you cannot add a paper vaccination card to your Apple Wallet. You'll need to first verify your vaccination status with a receipt from your pharmacy or with a digital program, which are available in most states.
For more information, visit the CDC's COVID-19 vaccine website.
Now you know how to add your COVID-19 vaccination card to Apple Wallet, you may want to take a look at how to kill every Safari tab on your iPhone with this handy trick or how to move the Safari address bar back to the top on iOS 15. If you've just picked up a new iPhone, check out l.