Here on the Tom's Guide fitness desk, we're all about making 2024 your healthiest, and happiest year yet! From the best workouts to add to your routine this year, to the best gear to help you stay motivated and achieve your goals, we've got it covered. To kick things off with a bang, we'll be bringing you a month of motivational content to help you Get Fit with Tom's Guide.
If you're new to exercise, we've got all the tips to help you start your year strong. If you're more experienced, we've found the workouts to help you try something new in 2024. Wherever you're starting, we believe fitness is for life, not just January, so are here to help!
Find your feet
Whether you're walking for weight loss in 2024, or gearing up for your fastest marathon yet, having a plan and sticking to it can be half the battle.
- I’ve walked 10,000 steps a day for the past 90 days — here’s what I’ve learned
- Is it better to do cardio before or after weights?
- Uphill walking vs running — which burns more calories?
- Hiking vs power walking: which burns more calories?
Discover new workouts
Not sure where to get started? Whether you're a newbie in the gym, or looking for home workouts you can slot between meetings, we've got bags of motivation. We've also found the best resistance bands, ankle weights, adjustable dumbbells, and kettlebells to buy.
- Forget the gym — 7 bodyweight exercises that strengthen and define your entire body
- 5 best kettlebell exercises for beginners to chisel full-body strength and muscle
- Forget treadmills — this 3-move walking workout strengthens and sculpts your abs, glutes and legs
- I'm a personal trainer, sculpt your core with 3 ab exercises and one dumbbell in 15 minutes
- I did 150 forward lunges a day for a week — here's what happened
Grab the right gear
Whether it's a sports bra to help you stay supported, or a GPS running watch that'll keep you on pace on race day, the right gear makes all the difference. Whatever your budget, we've found the best gadgets to keep you on track this year.
- The best under-desk treadmills to add steps to your routine
- The best running shoes to buy in 2024
- The best cross training shoes for gym workouts
- The best fitness trackers to keep you motivated this January
Try something new
When did we fall out of love with the excitement of movement? Exercise shouldn't be a punishment, but a celebration of what your body can do, so why not fall in love with something new this year?
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
Jane McGuire is Tom's Guide's Fitness editor, which means she looks after everything fitness related - from running gear to yoga mats. An avid runner, Jane has tested and reviewed fitness products for the past five years, so knows what to look for when finding a good running watch or a pair of shorts with pockets big enough for your smartphone. When she's not pounding the pavements, you'll find Jane striding round the Surrey Hills, taking far too many photos of her puppy.