40 Best Google Chrome Extensions

40 Best Google Chrome Extensions
Best Google Chrome Extensions of 2014

Google Chrome is the second most-used Web browser worldwide, according to Stat Counter. In part that's thanks to its swift performance, a clean interface and easy syncing with mobile devices. But this browser also benefits from plenty of useful extensions available on the Chrome Web Store. Here are the 40 best extensions based on our experience, as well as reader recommendations. Don't see your favorite extensions? Let us know in the comments.

Top Comments
    jgutz2006 , July 26, 2011 8:12 PM
    Wheres AdBlock? how can adblock not be in the top 30 Chrome Plugins! Could it be because this site would be showing everyone how to block its own annoying ads? (i realize it helps to pay the bills and keep sites free, but the type of people who read this site are going to likely be the ones to not click those ads anyway!)
Other Comments
    jgutz2006 , July 26, 2011 8:12 PM
    Anonymous , July 26, 2011 11:21 PM
    I'm surprised by this list myself. Are those extensions really the best available for Chrome?
    No Adblock? No Video downloader? And what about something like NoScript?
    mayankleoboy1 , July 27, 2011 9:21 AM
    is there any autopager that works with tomshardware?
    juanc , July 27, 2011 3:57 PM
    Not only adblock. But 30 useful extensions? REALLY? 30!

Anyone that uses more than 5 extensions might be out of league. You don't want to install 30!
    Jaxx89 , July 28, 2011 12:04 AM
    Nice list of extensions. Surely gunna use some of them now that I know they exist
    marciocattini , December 16, 2011 4:15 PM
    where's dis.lik.e for facebook?
    Anonymous , March 8, 2012 8:08 AM
    The chrome's extension is really great and useful but to me lastpass and adblocker are the most handy and great extension created by chrome. I just love them because they are so good.Thanks chrome
    dreadlokz , April 19, 2012 4:24 PM
    AD-BLOCK is NUMBER 1!!! Best of it, you can block anything you want in a page, not only ADs... pages get much more clean only whith things you use =D AD-BLOCK ownz! Chrome ownz since day 1!!!
    dreadlokz , April 19, 2012 4:42 PM
    very nice article... a lot of extensions, but most ppl wont use that much! I use only four:
    AdBlock, Google Analytics OFF, Search by Image and GMail! Its enough for me, once I had like 20 extensions, but the chrome get slow and I didn't use half of them, so I reinstalled only with the ones I always use =)
    Anonymous , July 30, 2012 3:09 PM
    I am not even going to look at a list that can't put the number #1 most popular and best addon in the list of "best addons". wtf
    CaedenV , September 7, 2012 3:27 PM
    AdBlock Plus and HoverZoom
    Those are the only 2 things anyone really needs. I have tried several other extensions but they tend to just cause clutter and get in the way, and things start looking like FireFox. If I wanted a cluttered mess I would just use FF, but I don't so I use Chrome.
    Anonymous , September 7, 2012 11:28 PM
    The only reason I'm staying with Firefox is my beloved Tabmix Plus. I just don't want to surf without the possibility to change tabs by just hovering over their icon for 100ms instead of clicking. Is there any addon that allows this for Chrome?
    NightLight , September 8, 2012 11:05 AM
    does anyone feel like browsing an old shareware cd when going trough these? :p
    razor512 , September 10, 2012 1:19 AM
    tomshardware will make more ad money if they get rid of the annoying ads. get rid of the crap that turns text on the page into a minefield where some works will cause a annoying ad that blocks the rest of the content on the page.
    I like the real content of this site, but the ads are the most annoying of any other site I go on.
    receivet , December 12, 2012 4:47 PM
    Facebook Photo Zoom and turn off the lights are the best i ever found,,
    view more @ http://receivetipstricks.com/top-10-google-chrome-extensions-for-everyone-2012/
    lioralterman , January 20, 2013 5:19 AM
    very cool chrome extension!
    shooting on any website!
    hoofhearted , April 27, 2013 7:26 AM
    nice list. ad block and ad block plus need to be first
    crateria , April 29, 2013 9:33 AM
    I love how you realize it helps pay the bills and keep websites free so that WE don't have to pay just to use something like youtube or (insert your favorite website), yet you still advocate people to use AdBlock.
    You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
    rudeynudey , June 19, 2013 10:01 PM
    New tab is old, I am using an app called new tab plus which I believe is much better and easier to use, you can easily choose what tabs you want to have on your browser, these apps are always there when you open the browser window.

A shortcuts bar placed at the bottom of the browser window makes it easy to access things like: Cloud wallpaper - gives you instant access to a huge range of wallpapers for your browser.

Group: gives you access to all your online shopping sites, you add and remove sites as you wish.

Bookmark: this one speaks for itself.

Extensions: gives you easy access to all your extensions (this also includes extensions that you have installed which do not appear in the list in the customize - tools - extensions menu.

Lastly: is a settings Icon, this icon allows you to change things like the amount of tabs appearing on the open browser window, it also allows you to change the shape of the tabs as well. you can also change the size of the tabs - the width, height, radius, spacing and transparency, and lastly the shortcut bar which has adjustable length to add more shortcuts right at your easy access.

There is also a restore button to return the original setup, and a manual backup and an auto cloud backup, I back my browser settings to my google account, in case of problems with my browser.
    Andrew Lockhart , July 13, 2013 10:15 AM
    This is obviously a little biased, but I am part of a team that made Mikey, which is a Chrome extension that makes it really easy to find files, links and images in your Gmail by breaking them out into tabs like Google does with images in their search engine. http://meetmikey.com/. We are still in Beta, but people really like it.