Turn Off Location Services
Do you know how many apps on your Samsung Galaxy S4 use Location Services? Some use that data to offer directions, suggest restaurants near you or attach your location to an Instagram photo or Facebook post. These apps likely prompted you to enable Location Services before you started using it, and many people agree to this without thinking. But what you may not know is that your smartphone’s camera is also likely tracking your location.
There are a few reasons you might want to disable location services on your camera, including saving battery power, or more importantly, protecting your family. The location-tagged data in photos can lead predators to your child’s school, playground, daycare and any other places you may regularly use your smartphone. The directions for how to disable Location Services is a little different on each Android device. Here’s how to stop transmitting your location on the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Open the Camera app and tap the gear icon on the right of the screen.
- Tap the next gear icon that appears on the right of the screen.
- Tap the gear icon that appears in the next pop-up screen.
- Tap the gear icon on the right of the pop-up screen.
- Tap GPS Tag and toggle off.
- Go to your Galaxy S4 Settings Menu to disable more location services.
- Tap the More tab on the top right and tap Location Services.
- Toggle the top button that reads “Access to my location.” Doing this will disable all other apps on your Galaxy S4 that use your GPS, Wi-Fi or mobile network location to transmit that data.
Current page: How to Turn Off Location Services on the Galaxy S4Prev Page How to Disable Amber Alerts on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Next Page How to Use Toggle Between Apps on the Galaxy S4
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
Tom's Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what products to buy, finding the best deals and showing you how to get the most out of them and solving problems as they arise. Tom's Guide is here to help you accomplish your goals, find great products without the hassle, get the best deals, discover things others don’t want you to know and save time when problems arise. Visit the About Tom's Guide page for more information and to find out how we test products.