Enable Air View
On your laptop, you frequently get more information by positioning the mouse pointer on top of an object. Whether it’s the ALT text when hovering over the image on a Web page or the tool tips when hovering over a button in Windows, there’s a ton of extra available information. The Samsung Galaxy S4’s Air View feature also offers additional information when you hover over an object, but it uses your finger rather than a mouse pointer.
Air View lets users preview a photo, view the text of an email message in the inbox or scan ahead on a video, all without touching the screen. To enable Air View on the Samsung Galaxy S4, follow these steps.
- Open the Settings menu and tap the My Device tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Air View.
- Toggle the slider at the top of the screen from Off to On.
- Next, switch the sliders next to Information Preview, Progress Preview, Speed Dial Preview and Webpage Magnifier to their On positions.
How to use Air View for Movies:
- Open the Play Movies and TV app and select the Personal Movies tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose the movie you want to watch and press Play.
- Hold your finger roughly a half an inch about the progress bar and move it forward to preview the video.
How to use Air View for Photos:
- Open the Gallery app.
- Place your hand roughly half an inch over the gallery you want to preview and hold it there until a series of images from the gallery appears.
Current page: How to Enable Air View on the Samsung Galaxy S4Prev Page How to Use S Health on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Next Page How to Use Photo Modes on the Samsung Galaxy S4
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
Tom's Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what products to buy, finding the best deals and showing you how to get the most out of them and solving problems as they arise. Tom's Guide is here to help you accomplish your goals, find great products without the hassle, get the best deals, discover things others don’t want you to know and save time when problems arise. Visit the About Tom's Guide page for more information and to find out how we test products.