Add Shortcuts on Your Lock Screen
Tired of having to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S4 to access your favorite apps? Then you’ll want to add your favorite app shortcuts to the S4’s home screen. — Daniel P. Howley
To do this:
- Open the Settings menu and tap the My Device tab at the top of the screen.
- Tap Lock Screen, check the box next to Multiple Widgets and move the slider next to the Shortcuts tab from the Off to On position.
- Tap Lock Screen Widgets and move the slider next to the Favorite Apps or Camera tab from the Off to On position.
- Tap Favorite Apps or Camera, select either your Favorite Apps or Camera app on the lock screen and press Save at the top of the screen. The next time you see the phone’s lock screen, you’ll be able to swipe to the right and view a box with 12 shortcuts that will take you directly to apps. You can edit this list by tapping the pen icon in its lower left corner. (Editors’ Note: Enabling this feature was erratic at best, resulting in us having to swipe the lock screen multiple times before we were able to edit the app shortcuts.)
- Toggle Shortcuts to On.
- Tap Shortcuts. A screen with a list of five shortcuts appears. These shortcuts will appear at the bottom of your lock screen.
- Tap the shortcuts you wish to change. When you tap each one, you will be shown a screen with a list of all apps. Select a replacement app for each. If you want to replace the phone dialer with Facebook, for example, you’d just tap the phone dialer icon then select Facebook on the subsequent menu.
Current page: How to Add Shortcuts to Lock Screen on the Galaxy S4Prev Page How to Add a Widget to Lock Screen on the Galaxy S4 Next Page How to Use Smart Scroll on the Samsung Galaxy S4
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
Tom's Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what products to buy, finding the best deals and showing you how to get the most out of them and solving problems as they arise. Tom's Guide is here to help you accomplish your goals, find great products without the hassle, get the best deals, discover things others don’t want you to know and save time when problems arise. Visit the About Tom's Guide page for more information and to find out how we test products.