- Page 1:Features to Enable and Disable
- Page 2:Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Page 3:Make Your Phone Faster
- Page 4:Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Page 5:Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Page 6:Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Page 7:Delete Unwanted Apps
- Page 8:Take Screenshots
- Page 9:Disable AMBER Alerts
- Page 10:Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Page 11:Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Page 12:Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Page 13:Focus After Taking a Photo
- Page 14:Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Page 15:Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Page 16:Make Payments With Your Fingerprint
Disable AMBER Alerts
It woke you up in the middle of the night. Your phone vibrated twice and made some god-awful noise because there's a storm imminently approaching. While you probably shouldn't just go back to sleep, because something terrible your-way-comes, you may want to stop your phone from doing that again.
Wireless Emergency Alerts are emergency messages sent by various government bodies including local and state safety agencies, FEMA, the FCC, Homeland Security and the National Weather Service. These alerts could signal everything from a kidnapped child to a hurricane headed your way. Aside from AMBER Alerts, the rest of these emergency notifications are grouped into two types: Extreme and Severe. Extreme alerts from the National Weather Service include warnings for tsunamis, tornadoes, extreme winds, hurricanes and typhoons. Severe applies to flash floods and dust stores.
You can disable all of these, if you want. Or you can pick and choose which to keep on. Regardless, here are step-by-step instructions for how to disable them on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5. —Anna Attkisson
1. Tap Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap Messages.
3. Scroll down and tap Emergency Alerts.
4. Tap Emergency Alerts.
5. Uncheck those alerts you don't want to receive. You'll note that you cannot uncheck the Presidential Alert; that's because if our Commander in Chief is talking, you should take notice, check your canned food goods and maybe see if you have ammo, because the zombie apocalypse has likely begun.
- Features to Enable and Disable
- Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Make Your Phone Faster
- Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Delete Unwanted Apps
- Take Screenshots
- Disable AMBER Alerts
- Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Focus After Taking a Photo
- Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Make Payments With Your Fingerprint