How to Register Two Faces in Face ID on iOS 12
When the iPhone X launched last fall, the phone’s nearly edge-to-edge display crowded out the Home button’s fingerprint sensor. So Apple introduced an innovative way to unlock the device: Face ID.
But use Face ID, and you’ll quick notice that only one person’s face can unlock the iPhone X — less than ideal for families who share devices. (If you wanted to give your kid or partner access, for instance, you couldn’t do that.)
MORE: How to Use Face ID on the iPhone X
Apple opened up Face ID just a smidge with iOS 12, which adds an Alternate Appearance feature for adding one more person to Face ID. Here’s how to set it up.—Caitlin McGarry
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap on Face ID & Passcode.
3. Enter your phone’s passcode.
4. Scroll down and select Set Up an Alternate Appearance.
5. To set up Face ID, you need to move your head around in a circle so the depth-sensing camera can capture your head from different angles.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. Move your head around clockwise to complete the circle.
8. When the first scan is done, tap Complete and do a second scan.
9. Tap Done to use two faces to unlock your phone, authenticate purchases and other security measures.
To add another face to your Face ID, you have to wipe both faces from the feature and begin again. Tap Reset Face ID to start over.
Can anyone confirm this? I have the public beta installed but regular versions of those apps and it does not show up on CarPlay. From what I am reading the betas are needed.
I simply want to know how much 'Screen Time' I've used since I unplugged my Ipad from the wall. That information is not available - it does not coincide with 'Battery' either, which is pure lunacy.
I'm not sure what these techs. are thinking but it positively is not with the average end-user in mind.
I am not alone in this thought.