10 Best Desktop Bittorrent Clients for P2P Sharing

10 Best Desktop Bittorrent Clients for P2P Sharing
Top 10 Bittorrent Clients of 2013

The BitTorrent protocol is a peer-to-peer sharing system that allows users all over the world to download and share data by essentially "farming out" file distribution and hosting to users instead of relying on a host or mirrors. BitTorrent has made it easier to download everything from books, data, documents, software and other media, but it's only as easy as the program you use. The right client software can make downloading a painless experience, while a poorly built one can be a hassle and security risk. Here are 10 BitTorrent clients for your consideration.

Note: Using P2P and file-sharing technologies like BitTorrent to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. We do not condone or encourage illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted material.

jeffunit , January 10, 2013 1:52 AM
    uTorrent is windows only, and is not open source.
    Vuze runs almost everywhere, and is open source.

You should mention what platforms the bittorrent clients support, as not everyone runs windows.
    Anonymous , January 10, 2013 7:11 AM
    µTorrent is not windows only. Mac runs happily too.
    hydac7 , January 10, 2013 4:36 PM
    Qbittorrent is the best client ever invented and before that utorrent 2.0.4 was the best ;)
    Anonymous , January 10, 2013 11:14 PM
    Supported OS should be mentioned.

Strangely, but there is nothing about Transmission (Transmission-Qt Win), the official client of many Unix-like OS.

Anonymous , February 6, 2013 2:20 PM
    don't even consider a client that isn't open source. qBittorrent is my favorite. it's just like uTorrent before it turned crap.
    rembo666 , February 6, 2013 2:36 PM
    What, no Transmission? I abandoned µTorrent quite a while ago and switched to Transmission, because µTorrent has been suffering from "featuritis" for quite a while now. It no longer deserves it's "micro" moniker.
    DarkSable , February 6, 2013 4:09 PM
    Also, just throwing out there, uTorrent also supports bandwidth management and magnet linking.

Perhaps before you recommend something based on it's competitors lack of features, you see if it's competitors lack those features.
    cRACKmONKEY421 , February 6, 2013 5:28 PM
    I agree with above about Transmission. It is the best of the torrent clients that can run on regular routers with attached storage, which makes it the best client of all if you have one of those routers. Can't beat being able to have the torrents run all day without having the computer turned on. Not getting that info out is a bit of a fail for this article. Not to mention, there are many different user interfaces options and no bloatware with Transmission. Those two things alone put it above most torrent clients on this list. Most of them are packed with bloatware now.
    xpeh , February 6, 2013 9:20 PM
    Personally, I think qBittorrent is better than uTorrent. I've been getting up to 4MBps download on qBittorrent, while I get 2 with uTorrent. Both are set up exactly the same.
    Sterling Stewart , May 5, 2013 7:06 AM
    I run Windows.And i love LINUX also.
    Brian Cooper , May 9, 2013 4:04 AM
    Some of these screenshots look really bad! I wouldn't download ABC even if my life depended on it. You should also add Torch browser to the list. It has an integrated torrent client that works perfectly.
    codo , July 8, 2013 7:46 AM
    I dont like utorrent anymore, as soon as they start pushing garbage downloads in the install it falls out of favor with me. I was using tixati for a while, but it really doesn't like Windows 8, as of the last time I tried it. Vuze is very nice but not as lean on resources as some others, I prefer minimalistic.
    Divyanshu Sah , July 8, 2013 8:25 AM
    No mediaget. Why? It is better than fdm for torrents.
    ipwn3r456 , July 22, 2013 10:27 AM
    Lol I am looking at this while I am downloading a torrent...
    xelliz , July 22, 2013 2:39 PM
    Nice article, I'll definitely have to try our qbittorrent. Honestly I am surprised to see Vuze on the list because in my experience, with each update it just becomes more and more bloatware.
    tu4tu , October 7, 2013 10:27 AM
    My ISP blocks download torrent ports - any work around suggestions?
    tu4tu , October 7, 2013 10:27 AM
    My ISP blocks download torrent ports - any work around suggestions?
    tu4tu , October 7, 2013 11:18 AM
    My ISP blocks download torrent ports - any work around suggestions?
    tu4tu , October 7, 2013 1:00 PM
    My ISP blocks download torrent ports - any work around suggestions?
    ap3x , October 7, 2013 3:27 PM
    Tixati in my opinion is the best. No cutsie stuff. Just technical all kinds of information about what is going on with your transfer.