Nintendo Announces Games for 3DS Launch
We’ve been talking about the 3DS for a long, long time, so it’s hard to believe that the device isn’t available yet. With the console launching March 27, Nintendo this week detailed the titles future 3DS-owners will be able to buy on the day of release.
"Seeing 3D visuals without the need for special glasses is just one aspect of Nintendo 3DS," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "The real test of any system is whether the games and applications draw you in and keep you engaged. Through the launch window and beyond, Nintendo 3DS delivers."
Aside from the pre-loaded mini-apps that will come on the handheld (such as the Mii Maker that uses a photo of you to automatically generate a Mii based on your appearance), Nintendo will have three games ($39.99 each) for people to consider at launch. These are Pilotwings Resort, an aerial adventure game; Steel Diver, a submarine strategy game; and the famous Nintendogs + cats.
If none of those tickle your fancy, there are a ton of third-party developed games, including titles from Capcom, EA, Konami, that will be available from day one.
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition from CAPCOM
- The Sims 3 from EA
- Madden NFL Football from EA SPORTS
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- LEGO® Star Wars III: The Clone Wars from LucasArts
- RIDGE RACER 3D from NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
- Super Monkey Ball 3D from SEGA
- BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE from Square-Enix, Inc.
- SAMURAI WARRIORS: Chronicles from TECMO KOEI AMERICA Corp.
- Asphalt 3D from UBISOFT
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D from UBISOFT
- Rayman 3D from UBISOFT
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars from UBISOFT