It's usually easy to get a Sling TV free trial, but right now they're not available via the web. The good news, though, is there's a trick to getting a free sample, you just need to be signing up from a streaming device that isn't a web browser. A full list of devices is below. Plus, Sling is offering one online deal: it's cut the first month's bill to $10 — savings of $25.
Sling's current discounts will help make your first month of NFL live streams even cheaper, as they've slashed $30 off the first month of Sling Orange + Blue (which you'll want for both ESPN and local FOX affiliates). Those looking for MLB live streams should check out Sling Blue, as it has every channel you need for the playoffs, provided that you live in a select market where a FOX affiliate is available.
A Sling TV free trial is the best way to check out one of the best streaming services in the market. For cord cutters, Sling is one of the best cable TV alternatives for getting rid of that expensive monthly bill. But you may be wondering if it has all the channels you want, so it's a good idea to test it out before committing to a subscription.
- The best streaming devices
- Get protection for nothing with a free VPN
- Or check out the best VPN free trial
After your first month, Sling starts at $35 a month and gives you access to popular networks including ESPN and CNN. It also offers local broadcast networks in certain regions. And you can sign up for additional extras like Showtime and Starz. For more details about the service, read our Sling TV review.
Sling TV continues to provide bang for the buck, while its competitors have raised their prices. YouTube TV and Hulu With Live TV now cost $65 per month. Meanwhile, you can check out Sling TV deals, for more information on the aforementioned discounts.
Try Sling TV: Sling TV currently does not offer a free trial. Sling includes access to top cable networks such as ESPN, CNN, TNT, AMC, Food Network and USA, with packages starting at just $35 a month. Right now, the first month is $10 off for new subscribers.
While Sling TV doesn’t come with every channel you might desire — it has more than 50 channels when you subscribe to both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, and some extras for an additional fee. Make sure you check out our guide to Sling TV's channels and packages, and how to record shows on Sling TV.
Sling TV free trial: Supported devices
If you download the Sling app or channel onto one of these devices you should see a Watch Now 7 Days Free button. Select that and you should be able to get a free trial to Sling TV.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Androids (phones and tablets via Google Play app)
- Android TV
- Apple tvOS
- iOS and iPadOS devices (via the Sling app in Apple's app store)
- Smart TVs from LG and Samsung
- Xbox One
Sling TV free trial: How to sign up
Sling is not actively offering free trials at the time of publishing. If that changes before we can update this article, you would find out by checking here.
You can also get a free trial by signing up through an app on one of the many Sling compatible streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Android tablets and smartphones
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS devices
- LG TV Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Xbox One
Below are the instructions for getting a Sling TV free trial, in case they start working again.
1. On Sling.com, click on the orange box in the header image that says, "Watch 3 Days Free." Note that Sling's terms of trial length are constantly changing, and it may also say "Get This Offer."
2. Enter your email address, a new password and click Register.
3. Select a service package. Your options are Sling's Orange, Blue, or Orange-and-Blue combo pack. Here's a rundown of Sling Orange vs Blue. Note the price differences: Orange gives you 30 channels for $35 a month, Blue packs 50 channels in for $35 per month, and the combo, which offers more than 50 channels, will run you $50 per month.
Again, the duration of the trial is always changing, so the Sling signup page may look slightly different.
4. Now, scroll through the extra channel options are. Here, you can choose whether to get more channels for an additional fee, like Epix, CMT, and others. You can also choose to sign up for Showtime and Starz. Additionally, Sling lets you upgrade to 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage (10 hours comes free) when selecting extras. When you're ready, click Continue.
5. Enter your credit card and move on. If I were you, I'd set a reminder that reads "Make sure you want to pay for Sling," set to a few hours (at least) before the date and time listed at the top of this page. After that point in time, Sling will begin charging your credit card automatically.
At long last, you've made it through the subscription process and you're ready to start watching content. If you're on a computer, Sling TV can either be used in Chrome, or you'll want to download its app to your machine. If you prefer to watch it on the Apple TV or another device, just download the app from the gadget's app store and input your credentials. If you decide you don't want to continue the free trial, here's info on how to cancel Sling.