Finding a Sling TV free trial is the best way to try out one of the best streaming services there is, and a must for potential cord cutters (and it just got a bit better for NFL fans). While their length changes all the time, these trials allow you to kick the tires on one of the best cable TV alternatives, without committing to a plan.
Sling TV looks better each week, what with YouTube TV jumping up to a new $65 per month starting price, all the while Sling's offering a 1-year price guarantee for new and existing subscribers, giving folks more reason to trust that its prices will stay low. New members who prepay for three months of Sling TV get an AirTV 2 with an OTA antenna (retail value: $145) completely free.
- The best streaming devices
- Get protection for nothing with a free VPN
- Or check out the best VPN free trial
Currently (and it's always changing) the Sling TV free trial lasts 3 days, something I encountered when I was testing it for an article. This is the lowest we've seen the trial, which can be up to 14 weeks.
If you take advantage of that trial this weekend, you can catch Sunday's NFL live streams on ESPN, FOX and NBC in that 3-day window. Sling just got the NFL Network back, but its trial window doesn't stretch from Thursday to Sunday.
One of the best streaming services, Sling starts at $30 a month and gives you access to programming as far-ranging as ESPN and CNN. It also offers local broadcast networks in certain regions. And you can sign up for additional channels like Showtime and Starz. For more details about the service, read our Sling TV review.
Try Sling TV: Sling TV offers access to top cable networks such as ESPN, CNN, TNT, AMC, Food Network and USA, with packages starting at just $30 a month (sometimes, the first month is $10 off, down to $20).View Deal
If you have a Roku device, you don't even need to go through the below steps of setting up a trial account and entering your payment information. The "new Sling experience" gives Roku users a "browse as guest" option that allows them into the Sling TV interface, where you can view "ribbons of content" from the My TV section.
While Sling TV doesn’t come with every channel you might desire — it has more than 50 channels when you subscribe to both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, and some more options for an additional fee — you might like what you find. Make sure you check out our guide to Sling TV's channels and packages.
Sling TV free trial: How to sign up
Luckily, Sling is running a promotion with a 3-day free trial. Just sign up at Sling.com.
You can also get a free trial by signing up through an app on one of the many Sling compatible streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Android tablets and smartphones
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iOS devices
- LG TV Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Xbox One
1. On Sling.com, click on the orange box in the header image that says, "Get 3 Days Free." Note that Sling's terms of trial length are constantly changing, and it may also say "Get This Offer."
2. Enter your email address, a new password and click Register.
3. Select a service package. Your options are Sling's Orange, Blue, or Orange-and-Blue combo pack. Here's a rundown of Sling Orange vs Blue. Note the price differences: Orange gives you 30 channels for $30 a month, Blue packs 45 channels in for $30 per month, and the combo, which offers more than 50 channels, will run you $45 per month.
Again, the duration of the trial is always changing, so the Sling signup page may look slightly different.
4. Now, scroll through the extra channel options are. Here, you can choose whether to get more channels for an additional fee, like Epix, CMT, and others. You can also choose to sign up for HBO and Showtime. Additionally, Sling lets you choose to add 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage when selecting extras. When you're ready, click Continue.
5. Enter your credit card and move on. If I were you, I'd set a reminder that reads "Make sure you want to pay for Sling," set to a few hours (at least) before the date and time listed at the top of this page. After that point in time, Sling will begin charging your credit card automatically.
At long last, you've made it through the subscription process and you're ready to start watching content. If you're on a computer, Sling TV can either be used in Chrome, or you'll want to download its app to your machine. If you prefer to watch it on the Apple TV or another device, just download the app from the gadget's app store and input your credentials. If you decide you don't want to continue the free trial, here's info on how to cancel Sling.