The last week of April has been somewhat slow with regards to Xbox Series X restock. However, if you're in the market for an Xbox Series S — Walmart has the console in stock right now.
Currently, you can get the Xbox Series S for $299 at Walmart. That's list price for the console and the only store that has it in stock and ready to ship.
Xbox Series S: $299 @ Walmart
The more affordable next-gen Xbox Series S is limited to 1440p output, but still delivers fast loading, ray tracing, and high frame rates. It sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for storage. (There's no disc drive). View Deal
Xbox Series X|S restock tracker
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 26)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 15)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 21)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (some Series S restock March 22)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock April 21)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Adorama: Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S bundles
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock April 27)
- BJ's: Xbox Series X (last restock March 17)
- Kohl's: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 7)
In our Xbox Series S review, we noted that while less powerful than the Xbox Series X — the Xbox Series S still manages to impress.
Sure, games look better on the more powerful Xbox Series X, but the Xbox Series S still renders characters, backgrounds, and items gorgeously. In Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the Xbox Series X displayed sharper, more colorful advertisements on the streets of Yokohama, but character models were still rich and detailed on the Series S. Plus, the frame rate didn’t suffer from any appreciable slowdown on either platform.
In general, the Xbox Series S upscales content to 4K beautifully — and if you have a 1440p display, you won't need the upscaling at all.
If you still have your heart on the Xbox Series X, it's worth knowing that it is possible to beat the bots if you follow some of our restock cheat sheet. Also, make sure to follor our where to buy Xbox Series X coverage for the latest updates.