With online privacy concerns becoming more prevalent these days, knowing how to hide Likes on Facebook will ensure that you have more control over your activity on the world's biggest social network.
Hidden away in the settings menu of the Facebook app and website are options that let you alter who can see the pages you like, as well as the reactions to your posts. There’s a different process for hiding each ‘type’ of Like, namely "reactions" and "Page Likes."
Follow our guide on how to hide likes on Facebook to find out how to do this. And if you change your mind in the future, it's easy to undo your changes.
How to hide Likes on Facebook: Hide reaction counts
1. In the mobile Facebook app, open 'Settings' by tapping the three-line icon.
2. Scroll down to and tap 'Settings & Privacy,' then 'Settings.'
3. Under 'Preferences,' tap 'Reaction preferences.'
4. To hide Likes and other reactions on posts from other accounts, tap the toggle for 'On posts from others.' To hide Likes and reactions on your own posts, so other users can’t see them, tap the toggle for 'On your posts.'
How to hide Likes on Facebook: Hide Page Likes
1. Open Facebook in a desktop browser, then navigate to your profile page and click 'More.'
2. Select 'Likes' from the menu.
3. Click the submenu button on the right — it’s the lowest of the two 3-dot buttons — then click 'Edit the Privacy of your Likes.'
4. This brings up a list of categories. Select a category that covers the Page or Pages you want to hide your Like for by clicking the corresponding globe icon.
5. Click 'Only me.' This ensures that no-one else can see if you’ve liked a Page in that category, though you can also allow friends to see your Page Likes without making them fully public.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 for any other categories you want to make private, then click 'Close.'
Now you know how to hide Likes on Facebook, take a look at how to download videos from Facebook or how to mute someone on Instagram. You may also want to check out how to download YouTube videos on iOS, Android, Mac and PC.