- Page 1:Features to Enable and Disable
- Page 2:Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Page 3:Make Your Phone Faster
- Page 4:Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Page 5:Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Page 6:Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Page 7:Delete Unwanted Apps
- Page 8:Take Screenshots
- Page 9:Disable AMBER Alerts
- Page 10:Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Page 11:Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Page 12:Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Page 13:Focus After Taking a Photo
- Page 14:Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Page 15:Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Page 16:Make Payments With Your Fingerprint
Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
When you're on the go and need to get your laptop online to turn in some pressing work, your Galaxy S5 can be a lifesaver. Share your 4G LTE connection with your devices or friends by turning your device into a mobile hotspot. Just make sure your smartphone's plan caters for data tethering. For example, Verizon includes mobile hotspot service in its More Everything plan. Here's how to turn your S5 into a hotspot. —Cherlynn Low
1. Navigate to Settings. You can do that by opening the Settings app or tapping the gear icon on the top right of the notifications shade.
2. Tap Network Connections and tap Tethering And Wi-Fi Hotspot.
3. Tap Mobile Hotspot.
4. Turn on Mobile Hotspot via the toggle at the top of the page.
5. Tap Ok to turn off Wi-Fi connection. This activates your LTE connection so you can share the data with other devices.
Your S5 is now an active hotspot. To connect to it, turn on Wi-Fi in your laptop and follow the instructions on the Galaxy S5's screen.
- Features to Enable and Disable
- Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Make Your Phone Faster
- Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Delete Unwanted Apps
- Take Screenshots
- Disable AMBER Alerts
- Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Focus After Taking a Photo
- Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Make Payments With Your Fingerprint