How To Edit Video with Handbrake

How To Edit Video with Handbrake
HandBrake, an Open Source video encoder

HandBrake is a simple, open source program designed to convert videos, movies, and obscure media files into formats that can be read by various devices such as the iPod, Apple TV and others. In this tutorial, we'll show you how. You'll be converting videos in no time!

Anonymous , August 13, 2012 2:06 PM
    This is titled video editing when it is actually encoding
    oatmeal25 , August 13, 2012 3:19 PM
    ddduffy is right. Also could be titled "ripping" and there is no mention of how to get around DVD copy protection. Without that there's no way to convert DVDs you own into files you can watch on your ultrabook, tablet or smartphone.

An article detailing how to transcode files would be helpful too. Some devices have issues depending on the options you select when ripping a video.
    zebzz , August 13, 2012 4:12 PM
    Also abn article on creating a secure video streaming service from home to pc, tablet or phone. I have a service on my HP media server but only support MP4 in alimited state, would like it to MP4, AVI and MKV files.
    zebzz , August 13, 2012 4:12 PM
    zebzzAlso an article on creating a secure video streaming service from home to pc, tablet or phone. I have a service on my HP media server but only support MP4 in alimited state, would like it to MP4, AVI and MKV files.

joebakb , August 13, 2012 4:16 PM
    I'd be interested more in the detailed video settings. I've spent a lot of time tweaking them to get them to my liking...more time than I would have liked to spend (video file size vs quality vs most compatible container)

Also, maybe a link to some good presets would be nice.
    ice_melted , August 14, 2012 1:40 PM
    I always just rip with DVDfab then use Handbrake to rip a whole batch. Everything you tweak in the GUI can be set as a command line option. This works great for ripping my TV series so that I can take them with me to the gym on my Transformer Prime. Also Dice Player is the best one I found that handles vobsub subtitles (which is what most DVDs use).