While there was a mixed reaction to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker its digital streaming release is highly anticipated — at least by those who don't have Disney Plus. So, when will you be able to buy it off Amazon, Apple, Google Play and the like?
Star Wars.com just announced that The Rise of Skywalker will come out as a digital download (which will be Movies Anywhere compatible) on March 17. That's the earliest post-theatrical release date for the film, as the Disney Plus date is TBA and the Blu-ray is coming on March 31.
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know
- How to watch the Star Wars movies in order
- Plus: When will Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker be on Blu-ray?
The Rise of Skywalker digital release special features
Oh and it wouldn't be a big Star Wars release if there weren't a ton of special features. The digital version even gets one more treat than the Blu-ray release.
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- [Digital exclusive] The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.