Microsoft: Google Not Serious About Business Apps

Microsoft has claimed that it's not worried about Google increasing its presence with enterprise applications and cloud services.

The software giant's business division's general manager Julia White said Google "has not yet shown they are truly serious" about the enterprise app business. "From the outside, they are an advertising company."

Google itself has increased its presence in enterprise businesses, which has been spearheaded by services such as Google Apps and Google Cloud Services. The company's head of enterprise Amit Singh recently stressed the firm's goal of attracting 90 percent of Microsoft Office users.

However, according to Business Insider, just 4 percent of Google's revenue in 2011 derived from its enterprise services, with the remaining 96 percent stemming from advertising.

Comparatively, Office is one of Microsoft's main sources of revenue. It released Office 365 during the June of 2011, allowing users to utilize Office software in the cloud.

White pointed out that Office 365 is "on track to be our fastest-growing business." She added that for Google to be a serious competitor, the search engine giant would have to "provide a quality enterprise experience" in areas such as "privacy, data handling and security."

That said, according to the Times, Microsoft has yet to obtain considerable revenue from Office 365, with the majority of users preferring the company's Office software instead.

Create a new thread in the Streaming Video & TVs forum about this subject
This thread is closed for comments
    Your comment
    Top Comments
  • DjEaZy
    Microsoft: Google Not Serious About Business Apps...
    Google: And Microsoft Is Not Serious About OS anymore...
  • Other Comments
  • cknobman
    I use both and can concur that Google office offerings are indeed no match for Microsoft Office.

    I use Google in a pinch but for work I use Microsoft Office.
  • wemakeourfuture
    Google's wanton need of personal information even when drilling into the Terms of Services scares off business too.

    Companies go in with the mind set Google is tracking them then need to drill down into their conditions to satisfy the naysayers in the company, where the reverse is true for Microsoft.

    It's just a shame Microsoft isn't doing a better job both at the personal and enterprise level to market how their services and products are not tracking personal information and data hording them back to their servers.
  • diddo
    Good morning Mrs Julia, with 8 Microsoft turned in an advertising company too.
    But unlike Google, it is not successful in this...