Last week, Tesla Motors announced the Roadster 2.5, a refreshed version of its electric sports car. It will debut simultaneously with the opening of Tesla's two new stores in Copenhagen, Denmark, and Newport Beach, California.
The new Roadster includes improvements in both design and technology, including a new front fascia, rear diffuser, improved seat comfort & internal finishes, sound dampening and a large touch screen navigation system.
"Although development of the Model S is our main focus, this shows that we still care a great deal about improving the Tesla Roadster," said Tesla CEO Elon Musk. "These improvements are a direct result of customer feedback and come only a year after release of Roadster 2.0, showing an exceptionally rapid pace of innovation. Where feasible, we will also offer existing customers the ability to purchase the upgrades now available in version 2.5."
New features in Roadster 2.5 include:
* A new look, which includes a new front fascia with diffusing vents, and rear diffuser reflecting the future of Tesla design
* Directional forged wheels available in both silver and black
* New seats with improved comfort, larger more supportive bolsters and a new lumbar support system
* Power control hardware that enables spirited driving in exceptionally hot climates
* An optional 7" touchscreen display with back-up camera
* Improved interior sound reduction including new front fender liner material make the cabin even quieter
As part of the new roadster's freshening, the company's website has also been given a new update. Now there are plenty more pictures and facts about the company's new roadster, as well as some new things to check out about the Model S sedan that's due in 2012.