How to Hide Info on the Lock Screen in Android 5.0
You don't necessarily want every one of your smartphone notifications to be immediately visible to just anyone. That's a problem, because in Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can now see notifications on the lock screen without ever entering a password or PIN. Thankfully, you can prevent sensitive data from compromising your privacy by disabling those alerts.
1. Open Settings and tap Sound & Notification.
2. Tap "When the Device is locked."
3. Choose "Don’t show notifications at all."
That’s it, now your lock screen is safe and secure from prying eyes, giving away just the time and date. There's also be an option to hide sensitive data, which will still let notifications appear, but will remove any information about related content.
To find more news, tips and help about Android 5, check out the Tom's Guide Android Forums.
- How to Search for a Setting in Android 5.0
- How to Block Interruptions in Android 5.0
- How to Add a New User or Guest Account in Android 5.0
- How to Turn on Smart Lock in Android 5.0
- How to Turn on Battery Saver Mode in Android 5.0
- How to Stop Apps from Auto-updating in Android 5.0
- How to Turn on Color Blind Mode in Android 5.0
- How to Turn on High Contrast Mode in Android 5.0
- How to Increase Text Size in Android 5.0
- How to Set Google Now to Always On in Android 5.0