- Page 1:Product Survey: Webcams
- Page 2:Creative Labs Live! Cam Optia Pro
- Page 3:Creative Labs Live! Cam Video IM Pro 2
- Page 4:Hercules Dualpix Exchange
- Page 5:Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe
- Page 6:Logitech QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks
- Page 7:Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
- Page 8:Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision
- Page 9:Microsoft LifeCam Show
- Page 10:Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000
- Page 11:Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000
- Page 12:Microsoft LifeCam VX-5500
- Page 13:Philips SPC 1300NC
- Page 14:Philips SPC 620NC
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Does Wide Angle Deform Images?
Look at the above photo and you will notice PJ's arm has undergone a certain elongation. He wasnt born that way...the wide angle slightly deforms the image. This isn't too dramatic (the face is normal), but sometimes it can be surprising.
With the QuickCam 9000, Logitech offers a webcam with a classic design. The manufacturer equipped this product with a Carl Zeiss lens, which means that the image should be rendered with a certain degree of sharpness. High-end features include autofocus, face tracking, integrated microphone, and video support. So is the higher price justified?
We immediately noticed that images were good. There was lots of detail and good color fidelity even if there is a slight exaggeration of yellow in whites (adjusting this had little effect). We didn’t notice any overexposure, and sharpness was also satisfactory. There was little afterglow and images were fluid. Face tracking was effective, however if someone else sat in front of the camera, the Pro 9000 needed some time to adjust. Autofocus was quick.
At night or in a room with low light, the image speed was a little slower, however the speed was still very acceptable.
For those who are looking for a little fun in their conversations, like all of the more high end Logitech webcams, the Pro 9000 comes with Video Effects software which contains various avatars and accessories for your images. In addition, these effects react to your movements and facial expressions.
There were no sound problems. The correspondent is well heard, the voice recognizable, and overall there was no background hiss or cave effect.
|Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000|
| || |
This Pro 9000 is a very good webcam but unfortunately its expensive. However, this is the price for good performance.
- Product Survey: Webcams
- Creative Labs Live! Cam Optia Pro
- Creative Labs Live! Cam Video IM Pro 2
- Hercules Dualpix Exchange
- Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe
- Logitech QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks
- Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
- Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision
- Microsoft LifeCam Show
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000
- Microsoft LifeCam VX-5500
- Philips SPC 1300NC
- Philips SPC 620NC