Yesterday we saw a whole bunch of Zune news, much of it being faked from Twitter. But now, the reputable Mary Jo Foley at ZDNet claims to have some preliminary specs for what might be a Microsoft phone.
This is a list of what may or may not be specs of the “Windows Mobile 7 Chassis 1,” which could be the rumored “Pink” Microsoft phone and possibly the reference design of Windows Mobile 7 phones made by other companies.
The core requirements include:
- Processor: ARM v6+, L2 Cache, VFP, Open GL ES 2.0 graphics HW (QCOM 8k, Nvidia AP15/16 [Tegra] and TI 3430 all meet spec)
- Memory: 256MB+ DRAM, 1G+ Flash (at least 512MB fast flash – 5MB/s unbuffered read @4K block size)
- Display: WVGA (800×480) or FWVGA (854×480) 3.5” or greater diagonal
- Touch: Multi-touch required
- Battery: Sufficient to meet Days of Use LTK requirements.
- Controls: Start, Back, Send and End are required (soft controls allowed as long as they are always present).
Other requirements include a 3 MP+ camera, GPS, compass, accelerometer, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi. For a full list, check out ZDNet.