Safari and Mobile Browsing Tips
iOS comes with its very own browser app that’s capable of more than you probably realized. Here are some ways that you can super-charge Safari.
Open Safari Tabs From Other Devices
If you've got more than one iOS device or you also have a Mac, you may sometimes want to access a web page that's already open on one of your other devices. Fortunately, if you're signed into the same iCloud account on all those devices, doing so is a snap.
1. In Safari, tap the Tabs button.
2. Scroll down until you see the name of your over devices.
3. Tap any listed tab to load it immediately.
Open Recently Closed Browser Tabs
Accidentally close a browser tab that you were looking at? We've all done it. Fortunately, it's easy to reopen your most recently closed tabs without digging through your browser history.
1. On an iPhone tap the Tabs button on Safari's toolbar. (On the iPad, skip to the next step.)
2. Tap and hold on the New Tab button (+).
3. A panel called Recently Closed Tabs will open.
4. Tap any entry to reload it.
Search Websites Quickly in Safari
Using search engines in Safari is pretty easy, but sometimes you want to search a specific site, such as Amazon, Wikipedia, or IMDB. Safari can make that process even faster, thanks to the Quick Website Search feature.
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap Safari.
3. Tap Quick Website Search.
4. Enable the Quick Website Search feature if it isn't already.
5. Return to the Home screen.
6. Open Safari.
7. Visit a website with built-in search -- IMDB, for example -- and use the site's own search to look for something.
8. Use the name of the site as a search prefix. For example type "imdb George Clooney" and you'll seen an option to "Search imdb.com for "George Clooney"." Tap that to be taken to the search results on IMDB.com directly.
Request Desktop Version of Mobile Sites
Many websites offer a mobile-friendly version that's formatted for a smartphone, but sometimes those versions don't offer all the same options as the full site, or make it hard to find what you're looking for. Fortunately, you can request the full desktop version of any site.
1. Tap the Share button.
2. Swipe left on the bottom row of icons.
3. Tap Request Desktop Site.