The Amazon Echo smart speaker is totally reliant on understanding your voice. But that doesn't mean it will understand every accent of vocal tick right out of the box. That's why Amazon built in some tricks to make it better learn your vocal inflections.
MORE: What is the Amazon Echo?
1. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
2. Tap the three bar menu button on the top left.
3. Scroll down and tap Voice Training.
4. Tap Start Session.
5. Get close to the Amazon Echo and say each of the 25 phrases that appear on the screen. After each tap Next.
6. Tap Start a New Session if you want Alexa to keep learning, or simply go to the home page.
You can repeat this process if you notice a pattern of Alexa misunderstanding your commands. You can also see what Alexa heard in the app. If it's incorrect, tap No. This will continue you her education.