All bad things must come to an end. Lucifer season 6, the final chapter of the supernatural saga, is coming soon and Netflix just dropped the first full trailer. Lucifer is now God, but he isn't quite ready to give up his devilish ways and sit on the throne.
Lucifer season 6 revealed its release date last month with an announcement video during its Comic-Con @ Home panel. The final season looks to be epic, after everything that went down in season 5B. Lucifer (Tom Ellis) became God after defeating brother Michael. But how will his celestial promotion affect his romance with Detective Chloe Decker (Lauren German)? And, as the new trailer shows, is an apocalypse nigh?
Lucifer season 6 will have quite a few storylines to wrap up. The big one, of course, will be how the titular devil deals with being all-powerful God, while maintaining a relationship with Chloe. But other threads include: Amenadiel attending the police academy; Linda reconnecting with long-lost daughter Adriana; and Maze's continuing quest to be Warden of Hell.
- The best Netflix shows to binge right now
- What's new on Netflix this month
- Everything we know about Stranger Things season 4
Co-showrunner Joe Henderson teased to Collider, "It is by far probably the most intimate season we've done, it also has the most expensive episode we've ever made. So, we've still got plenty of spectacle."
Here's everything we know so far about Lucifer season 6.
Lucifer season 6 release date
Netflix has set the Lucifer season 6 release date for Friday, September 10.
The news was announced July 24 at Comic-Con @ Home 2021 during a panel featuring Tom Ellis, Joe Henderson, and Ildy Modrovich. The cast and crew already wrapped filming last spring.
Check out the date announcement video:
Lucifer season 6 wasn't supposed to happen at all. This truly is the show that couldn't die. It was resurrected twice after being canceled first by Fox, then by Netflix after season 5. However, Lucifer pulled off some kind of hellish magic, because the streamer reversed its decision and ordered one last season (supposedly for real this time).
Lucifer season 6 trailer
The Lucifer season 6 trailer kicks off with the titular devil being question by LAPD Detective Carol Corbett. At some point, he asks Lucifer his age ... how impolite! A fallen angel never reveals his number.
The rest of the trailer previews Lucifer's struggle with his new position as God. He even returns to therapist Linda's couch. Things on Earth are getting a wee bit apocalyptic. The laws of nature are breaking down and nobody (not even an all-powerful being) knows how it's going to end.
Lucifer season 6 episodes
Lucifer season 6 will consist of 10 episodes and the titles have already been revealed:
- Lucifer season 6, episode 1, "Nothing Ever Changes Around Here"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 2, "Buckets of Baggage"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 3, "Yabba Dabba Do Me"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 4, "Pin The Tail On The Baddie"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 5, "The Murder of Lucifer Morningstar"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 6, "A Lot Dirtier Than That"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 7, "My Best Fiend"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 8, "Save The Devil, Save The World"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 9, "Goodbye, Lucifer"
- Lucifer season 6, episode 10, "Partners 'Til The End"
Lucifer season 6 cast
The cast of Lucifer is led by Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar, the Lord of Hell. When he becomes bored with his life, he becomes a civilian consultant for the Los Angeles Police Department and runs a high-end nightclub called Lux.
Ellis also portrays Lucifer's twin brother, Michael, who takes his place when Lucifer returns to Hell.
Other Lucifer cast members include:
- Lauren German as Detective Chloe Decker, Lucifer's LAPD partner
- D. B. Woodside as Amenadiel, Lucifer's older brother
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen, a demon friend of Lucifer who works as a bartender at Lux
- Scarlett Estevez as Beatrice "Trixie" Espinoza, Chloe and Dan's daughter
- Rachael Harris as Dr. Linda Martin, Lucifer's therapist and and mother to Amenadiel's son Charlie
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez, a forensic scientist for the LAPD
- Inbar Lavi as Eve, the world's first human and Lucifer's former lover
- Scott Porter as Carol Corbett, an LAPD detective
One series regular who may become recurring is Kevin Alejandro as Detective Daniel "Dan" Espinoza, an LAPD detective and Chloe's ex-husband. The character died in season 5B and is currently in Hell. Of course, as we've seen, that isn't always permanent.
A couple of new Lucifer cast members are coming on board. Merrin Dungey is playing Sonya, a figure at the L.A. Police Academy who will interact with Amenadiel, who will be studying at the academy.
Then, there's Brianna Hildebrand, who is an angel named Rory.
- Next: The best streaming devices to watch your favorite shows