Jumping on one of the best Prime Day storage deals could land you a major upgrade for your PC or Xbox Series X. Like the rest of the best Prime Day deals we’re tracking, these SSD and HDD discounts offer a great chance to find choice hardware at much more affordable prices.
We’ve gathered the best storage deals we can find into the list below. They’re not just for gamers looking to improve speeds, either — a new, spacious storage drive can help content creators make room for all their projects, while nippy SSDs can help workstation users stay productive.
A recent PS5 update made it possible to use external drives with the system, though it can only be used to store PS5 games rather than play them. Sony is also relying on third-party manufacturers to create internal SSDs for the PS5. Still, an external drive can give you room to switch games back and forth, while the PS4 lets you play games straight from an external drive. According to a report from Bloomberg, Sony is also aiming to enable internal M.2 SSD expansion sometime this summer.
In the meantime, here are the latest savings on everything storage, both internal and external.
Prime Day storage deals: Top 5 sales now
- Crucial P5 500GB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD: was $79 now $49 @ Amazon
- Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD: was $149 now $99 @ Amazon
- WD_BLACK 2TB P10 Portable External HDD: was $89 now $74 @ Amazon
- SanDisk 1TB Extreme Pro external SSD: was $279 now $179 @ Amazon
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Designed for Xbox: was $109 now $59 @ Amazon
Best Prime Day storage deals
Crucial P5 500GB 3D NVMe SSD: was $79 now $49 @ Amazon
The Crucial P5 is a highly rated internal NVMe SSD, great for people building a new PC or gaming rig. The 1TB version is also on sale for $91, which is a stellar deal. If you have the money, it's definitely worth the upgrade. This will probably be one of the best deals on a PCI Gen3 NVMe SSD for some time.
SK Hynix Gold P31 500GB Gen3 NVMe SSD: was $121 now $74 @ Amazon
The SK Hynix Gold P31 is a fan-favorite internal NVMe SSD. Not only is it great for PC gamers, but for laptops as well. The 1TB version is also on sale for $108, which we believe is well worth the price. Unlike many other internal NVMe SSDs, all Hynix drives use 256-bit encryption. This gives users an extra layer of security, and why this drive ranks so high on Tom's Hardware's best SSDs list. (Tom's Hardware is a sister site to Tom's Guide.)
Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD: was $149 now $99 @ Amazon
The Samsung 980 Pro is probably the best internal NVMe Gen4 SSD you can buy right now. When buying Gen4, it's best to use it on a compatible motherboard to get the best performance. Regardless, the 980 Pro ranks No. 1 on Tom's Hardware's best SSD list. (Tom's Hardware is a sister site to Tom's Guide.) The 2TB version is also on sale for $330, netting buyers a solid $100 savings.
WD_BLACK 500GB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Gen4: was $149 now $89 @ Amazon
Thanks to the latest line of AMD CPUs, it's giving gamers even more performance out of their SSDs. Newer chips and motherboards can now utilize the blazing-fast speeds of Gen4 SSDs. Unfortunately, deals have been few and far between. Luckily, this WD_BLACK Prime Day deal is perfect. The 1TB version is also on sale, down to $172.
WD_BLACK 2TB P10 Portable External HDD: was $89 now $74 @ Amazon
The WD_Black 2TB external hard drive is an excellent deal. Whether it's connecting to your Xbox Series X or PS5 to offload some games or for loading up a bunch of video files, it will get the job done. Not only does it have solid construction, it has read speeds of 140Mbps. While not at the level of an SSD, it's still solid for an HDD. The 5TB version is also on sale for an astounding $91. Honestly, at that price, it's probably worth paying the extra $16.
Toshiba Canvio Advance 2TB: was $69 now $55 @ Amazon
The Canvio Advance is one of the faster variants in Toshiba's long-running Canvio HDD series. This particular model provides a healthy 2TB of space in a relatively slim design, all for 20% off the list price.
SanDisk 1TB Extreme Pro external SSD: was $279 now $179 @ Amazon
Amazon is taking $100 off the cost of this external SSD, which uses SanDisk's NVMe technology for transfer speeds of up to up to 1050MB/sec. The drive is made out of aluminum to dissipate heat, and it's got an IP55 rating to resist dust and water. It works with USB Type–C and Type-A connections.
Seagate Game Drive 2TB Designed for Xbox: was $109 now $59 @ Amazon
Seagate has a line of slick external drives that are designed for consoles in mind. This 2TB drive is a solid deal, especially if you want your drive to stand out. Not only that, the 2TB Halo Limited Edition drive is also on sale for $70. While $10 more expensive, it might be worth it for hardcore Halo fans.
LaCie Rugged Mini 4TB External Hard Drive: was $159 now $94 @ Amazon
The LaCie Rigged Mini is one of the most popular external hard drives around. Not only is it a workhorse, the orange bumpers give it extra protection from falls; physical damage to hard drives can damage the data, so this ruggedness is very welcome. 4TB will be enough for serious content creators, too.
WD 4TB My Passport Ultra for Mac Silver: was $139 now $126 @ Amazon
The slick WD My Passport Ultra, pre-formatted for Mac, is also an excellent drive. At $126, it's a decent savings, although there are other portable drives that can be found for cheaper. While it comes pre-formatted for Mac, pretty much any external drive can be formatted for Apple's macOS with ease. Still, it looks nice with its silver finish. For some people, that's worth the added cost.
Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive: was $221 now $164 @ Amazon
For those who need tons of storage, the 8TB Seagate Desktop External Hard Drive is probably the best deal to be had on Prime Day. At $164.99, you're essentially paying $20.65 per terabyte.
Micro SD and SD Cards
SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I: was $47 now $28 @ Amazon
Those looking to upgrade storage on their Nintendo Switch or smartphone should definitely look at this SanDisk MicroSDXC deal. At $28.99, it's a solid savings. The 400GB version is also on sale for $39.99, as is the 512GB version at $56.04 and the massive 1TB version at $139.99.
Lexar Professional 256GB SDXC UHS-II: was $99 now $61 @ Amazon
There's at least one solid SD card sale during Prime Day. The Lexa Professional 256GB SDXC UHS-II card is both fast and affordable. It's a solid card for photography and filming high resolution video.
SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card: was $99 now $45 @ Amazon
If you shoot a lot of 4K video or take shots in burst mode on your camera, this is the SD card to get. The SanDisk Extreme Pro features fast transfer speeds so you're not slowed down by storing your shots on an external card. For Prime Day, Amazon is knocking 54% off the cost of one of these SD cards.
Shop more sales at Amazon
- Alexa device sale: Echo devices from $14
- Adidas: up to 55% off polo shirts, sneakers, jerseys, more
- American Apparel: tops/bottoms from $10
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS/40mm): was $399 now $279
- Apple AirPods Pro: was $249 now $189
- Athleisure wear: yoga pants, workout tops from $6
- Back-to-school sales: Notebooks, Elmer's Glue from $5
- Bedding & bath: deals on comforters, shower curtains, more
- Blu-ray movie sets: Batman, Indiana Jones from 45% off
- Board games: up to 60% all games
- Books: best sellers from $4
- Bowflex: home gym deals extra 20% off sale prices
- Camping gear: Coleman, Igloo, Zippo from $8
- Chromebooks: HP, Lenovo, Acer from $209
- Clothing: up to 50% off Anne Klein, Bulova, Izod,
- Deep fryers: Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, more from $24
- Designer apparel: Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klein up to 45% off
- External hard drives: Seagate, WD, more from $38
- Fitness: deals from $6
- Gift cards: 20% off Old Navy, Adidas, Cold Stone
- Groceries: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more
- Gym bags: Puma, Nike, Adidas from $12
- Halloween: costumes from $10
- HDTVs: smart TVs from $99
- Headphones: Sony, Bose, Anker deals from $10
- Heating/cooling: fans and air conditioners from $12
- Juicing machines: save on NutriBullet, Breville, more
- Kitchen appliances: save on Ninja, Keurig, Instant Pot
- Keurig coffee makers: machines from $69
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines
- Levi's: up to 55% off men's/women's shorts and jeans
- LifeStraw: up to 50% off water filters
- Luggage/travel: sets and accessories from from $8
- Magazines: 90% off Food & Wine, Real Simple, more
- Nike: up to $50 off sneakers & shorts
- Nvidia RTX GPUs: up to $140 off video cards
- Office chairs: deals from $39
- OLED TVs: up to $1,500 off LG and Sony
- Pet food/supplies: save on Blue, Fresh Step, Wellness
- Power tools: DeWalt, Black & Decker, Bosch up to 50% off
- PS5 games: deals from $29
- Robot vacuums: iRobot, Shark, more from $129
- Sneakers: Skechers, New Balance, Asics from $19
- Surface laptops: from $599
- Swimming pool toys: up to 60% off inflatables
- Xbox Series X|S games: from $19
- Xmas decor: lights, stockings more from $2