- Page 1:Features to Enable and Disable
- Page 2:Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Page 3:Make Your Phone Faster
- Page 4:Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Page 5:Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Page 6:Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Page 7:Delete Unwanted Apps
- Page 8:Take Screenshots
- Page 9:Disable AMBER Alerts
- Page 10:Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Page 11:Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Page 12:Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Page 13:Focus After Taking a Photo
- Page 14:Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Page 15:Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Page 16:Make Payments With Your Fingerprint
Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
One of the Galaxy S5's coolest features is its fingerprint sensor, which can be used for convenient security purposes. Similar to the iPhone 5s, the sensor is built into the home button. It scans your digits and uses that information to unlock your phone, sign into your Samsung account or make payments via Paypal. Here's how to set it up on the Samsung Galaxy S5. —Cherlynn Low
1. Go to Settings. You can either look for the Settings icon in your apps drawer or tap the gear icon from the notifications shade.
2. Tap Finger Scanner from the Personalization section. You might have to scroll down the page a little.
3. Tap Fingerprint Manager to register your digit.
4. Read the disclaimer, then tap Ok.
5. Swipe the finger you wish to register along the home button below the screen. You'll have to do this eight times while the progress bar on the page fills up.
Once you're done, your print will be saved to the system, and your S5 will prompt you to set your device unlock method to Fingerprint.
- Features to Enable and Disable
- Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Make Your Phone Faster
- Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Delete Unwanted Apps
- Take Screenshots
- Disable AMBER Alerts
- Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Focus After Taking a Photo
- Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Make Payments With Your Fingerprint