- Page 1:Features to Enable and Disable
- Page 2:Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Page 3:Make Your Phone Faster
- Page 4:Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Page 5:Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Page 6:Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Page 7:Delete Unwanted Apps
- Page 8:Take Screenshots
- Page 9:Disable AMBER Alerts
- Page 10:Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Page 11:Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Page 12:Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Page 13:Focus After Taking a Photo
- Page 14:Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Page 15:Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Page 16:Make Payments With Your Fingerprint
Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
Like many of today's hottest Android phones, Samsung's Galaxy S5 features a built-in infrared transmitter that lets you control your TV with ease. You can turn on your boob tube, change the volume and even adjust input sources. And with the preloaded Smart Remote app, which is powered by Peel, you can browse your shows and movies from your cable or satellite provider, as well as Netflix. Before you get started, you'll have to pair your S5 with your TV and set-top box. Here's how. —Daniel P. Howley
To set up Smart Remote on your Galaxy S5:
- Open the Smart Remote app and select your country.
- Enter your zip code and choose your cable or satellite provider.
- Tap the Personalize button to get program suggestions. If you don't want personalized suggestions, press Skip.
- If you choose to personalize your content, select and deselect the genres you are interested in or your don't like. Press Next when finished.
- To arrange your favorite sports, check or uncheck the sports you follow most and those you follow least. Press Next to continue.
- Enter your age and gender so Smart Remote can provide you with a list of shows that people in your age and gender group watch and press Done when finished.
To Set Up Smart Remote As Your TV Remote:
- Open Smart Remote, press the remote icon in the top right corner of the screen and press Continue.
- Select your TV brand from the list provided. If your brand isn't listed press Show Other Brands.
- Tap the onscreen Power button to see if the remote code works with your TV. If it does, press Yes, This Code 1 Works. If it doesn't, press No, Test Next Code.
- Choose the source from which you receive your channels.
- If you receive your channels from a set-top box, select the manufacturer from the list provided.
- Press the onscreen channel button to see if the Smart Remote code works with your set-top box. If it works, press Yes, This Code 1 Works. If not, press No, Test Next Code 2.
You can now control your set-top box using the Smart Remote app.
- Features to Enable and Disable
- Remove Bloatware and Unwanted Apps
- Make Your Phone Faster
- Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
- Best Cases for the Galaxy S5
- Close Apps or Switch Between Them
- Delete Unwanted Apps
- Take Screenshots
- Disable AMBER Alerts
- Use Your Phone as a TV Remote
- Monitor Your Heart Rate
- Use Your Phone as a Hotspot
- Focus After Taking a Photo
- Disable Touch-Screen Sounds
- Set Up the Fingerprint Sensor
- Make Payments With Your Fingerprint