40 Free and Entertaining Games for Android Phones

40 Free and Entertaining Games for Android Phones
Beyond Angry Birds

Many techies know that all versions of Angry Birds (featured in the next three pages) are available for free download on Android. But tons of other games on the Android Market—Google's online store for Android apps—also cost nothing, save for the cost of your data access and the electricity you'll need to keep your phone charged.

What follows are forty games we've tried and found genuinely worth the hours you'll spend on them. Some have been around since the early days of Android, while others are new releases. We're open to suggestions, so if you think we've forgotten to include a great free game or have issues with our selection, let us know in the comments.

Display 11 Comments.
    Anonymous , November 7, 2011 9:02 PM
    There is a game that i love to play it is call bricks of atlantis and other brick games like bricks of camelot I believe that is what they are called is there away you could get them for the andriod phones so i can play thanks...

greatsaltedone , November 7, 2011 9:33 PM
    I like Gurk II alot, but have since downloaded an emulator and am playing through all the final fantasy games.

The simple old-school style RPG works perfectly on a mobile platform I think. You can always put it down without worrying about losing something and they generally have just enough storyline to make you keep coming back.
    SirGCal , November 7, 2011 9:47 PM
    I actually enjoyed Drag Racing... Until the last patch where it destroyed all of my profile and forced me to start from scratch (read uninstall). Be warned before you patch it. I lost a quite loaded profile with millions of dollars, thousands of respect points and six loaded cars of various level status from 1 to 10.
    andywork78 , November 8, 2011 6:33 PM
    love this review~ thank you
    amk-aka-Phantom , November 9, 2011 12:28 PM
    Wow. This sucks. I've had better games on my WM2005 PDA - better graphics AND gameplay. And not a single RPG worth playing - RPGs were awesome on a portable device. Hmm, I wonder if HOMM exists for Android - was like the best thing to kill time... well, pretty much anywhere :D
    jblosun , March 2, 2012 4:02 AM
    King Fighter II's permissions are a leeeeeeeetle bit much.
    jahrasta311 , March 3, 2012 12:41 AM
    This is a horrible list. Ant smasher? Fuckin kidding me?
    jahrasta311 , March 3, 2012 12:43 AM
    "Beyond Angry Birds" but 3 of the games are Angry Birds.
    unionoob , March 4, 2012 1:08 PM
    maybe I missed something but where is brothers in Arms 2? i find it as wonderfull FPS for Android.
    aatguide , March 4, 2012 11:36 PM
    share a website with you: [ laptopbattery . jp]
    Anonymous , February 10, 2013 4:43 PM
    Great post! Thanks a lot.

Try a new Android word puzzle, Phrase It!

It's really fun, and challenging :)