bedroom

30 Best Apps for Rooted Android Phones

30 Best Apps for Rooted Android Phones
Apps for Rooted Android Phones

There are lots of reasons you might want to root your Android phone. You can get otherwise unavailable apps, get rid of preinstalled crapware, boost battery life and increase your phone's processing power. In short, rooting enables you to use the superuser (or root) permissions of the operating system, giving you more control. Presented here is a list of 30 apps that take advantage of superuser permissions in order to unlock extra functionality, performance and system tweaks.

Fusion777 , October 20, 2011 2:36 AM
    How could you leave out http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/?
    shame!
    torque79 , October 21, 2011 1:53 PM
    love the call blocker and the samba file sharing apps. drag and drop to network location >>>>> USB docking with Samsung Kies software (which works, but is obviously nowhere near as convenient).
    misry , October 21, 2011 5:48 PM
    Who can live without Samba and adbWireless?
    nurgletheunclean , October 10, 2012 6:50 PM
    Rom Toolbox replaces half of these apps, and offers even more tweaks not even listed.
    kelemvor33 , October 10, 2012 7:40 PM
    LinkSD is a life saver for me. If you have a phone that has little internal memory (like my old Optimus V and Optimus S) LinkSD lets you use part of your SD card as internal memory. Previously I could only install a handful of app even if I used the built in Move to SD Card option. With LinkSD, it moves the entire app to the SD card bt fooling the phone. I can now install unlimited apps (or until I fill up the card).

Oh, and Wifi Tether of course.
    quicksand10 , October 10, 2012 8:46 PM
    Your download link to Market AutoUpdate Bulk Toggle doesn't work. Also, it's not available on the Play Market.

Seemed like such a good idea!
    amk-aka-Phantom , October 11, 2012 4:04 AM
    Fusion777How could you leave out http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/?shame!

Inbuilt into Cyanogenmod... nothing to look at here.
    amk-aka-Phantom , October 11, 2012 4:05 AM
    Actually, number one download for any rooted Android device (provided it's supported) should be CM.
    dalmvern , October 11, 2012 1:16 PM
    joebob2000 , October 11, 2012 5:35 PM
    dalmvernWhy Samba rather than Dropbox? I tried Samba a while back, but didnt really like it compared to Dropbox, and was just wondering if anyone had a compelling argument for Samba.

Dropbox is cloud based storage and Samba is local peer-peer storage. They are completely different methods of transferring files.
    yjagota , October 12, 2012 6:59 AM
    I am surprised by the non inclusion of Titanium Backup.
    Anonymous , December 18, 2012 12:49 PM
    "How could you leave out http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/?
    shame!"
    "I am surprised by the non inclusion of Titanium Backup."
    Previous article nincompoops also "Inbuilt into Cyanogenmod... nothing to look at here." Always something to look at its called kernal source code dipshit!
    pheroh , February 12, 2013 3:26 PM
    DroidWall is abandonod.. AFWall+ is the successor.
    Anonymous , February 12, 2013 9:03 PM
    I use CIFSManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ws.plattner.cifsmanager) quite a bit as it provides a link to NAS based storage and makes it look like local storage on an Android device.
    This way your music collection appears local(and accessible)
    But true, I guess it's not a top 30.
    Rimist , March 28, 2013 6:51 AM
    LBE Privacy Guard is not currently compatible with Jelly Bean. It crashes the system into a rebooting loop.
    Simon958 , April 9, 2013 2:24 PM
    G Cloud Backup also must be added to list
    Cedric Counotte , June 2, 2013 12:03 AM
    What about Android Tuner? It actually is an all-in-one app that includes every root features one can dream of, and can actually replace many apps in this list ;)
    CarolyneJBurges , September 4, 2013 12:44 PM
    Bryce. you think Carrie`s artlclee is inconceivable... on monday I got a gorgeous Mitsubishi Evo from making $4577 thiss month and a little over 10k lass month. this is actually the nicest job I've ever done. I began this seven months/ago and pretty much immediately started to bring in minimum $72 per-hr. a fantastic read www.work25.com
    thomsonwm , September 16, 2013 1:21 AM
    The best app is kite, that allows you to make <a href="https://kitecommunications.net/download/">free international calls</a> all around the world and stay connected to your loved ones via free text messaging and files sharing.
    kenh536 , September 20, 2013 9:11 AM
    Gaaaahhhhh the slide article is killing me! I hate it... I would rather grab a newspaper and do origami to read it over this crap.