Logitech Z-623 2.1 Speaker System ($149.00)
Whether you need speaker for your home theater setup or your PC gaming rig, the Z-623 speakers from Logitech will get the job done with gusto. The spiritual successor to the long in the tooth Z-2300 speakers released several years ago, the Z-623’s are also THX certified, so you know they’ll do whatever game or movie you’re playing justice. At 200 watts, this 2.1 setup will fill your home with loud yet crisp audio, and will probably get you some dirty looks from the neighbors the next morning.
Controls for the Z-623 are located on the right speaker, a feature we like over the external controls found on other 2.1 systems (less cables, less mess). You still get a power button as well as dedicated volume and bass controls, so you can adjust each accordingly (and keep the bass down while the neighbors try and sleep). The right speaker also has an output for headphones, while the subwoofer has both RCA and 1/8-inch inputs. This way you can keep the Z-623’s connected to your HDTV while pumping music in from your iPod.
Each speaker enclosure has a 2.5-inch driver, while the subwoofer comes in at seven inches. Overall audio fidelity was above average, with the middles sometimes a little lacking in clarity, but the lows and highs come in strong. This system is hard to beat at the sub-$150 mark, so if you need a 2.1 system capable of doing your media collection justice on a budget, the Z-623 system is worth a look.
- Yoda Mimobot USB Flash Drive
- Creative D100 Bluetooth Speakers
- WD TV Live Hub
- Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera
- Epson Artisan 725 Printer
- Sony CyberShot DSC-HX5V Camera
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 9
- Logitech Z-623 2.1 Speaker System
- Timbuk2 Snoop DSLR Messenger Bag
- Altec Lansing Octiv Duo M202
- Grace gdi-ir2550p WiFi Internet Radio
- Skooba TechLife Weekend Warrior Laptop Duffle
- Lemur EconoDriver
- Lacie MosKeyTo USB Flash Drive
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 Susan B. Komen Edition