Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mobile to Mobile

Last response: in Wireless Carriers
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:29:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Here's something that's strange in my minutes...

I have an ATT GSM America National Plan with 1100 minutes (more than
I'll ever need, but was a good deal) with 2 phones. I have the North
American package. My main phone, which I use exclusively in Florida, is
not using the mobile-to-mobile bucket at all (which is not pressing
because I only use about 300 day minutes per month on the plan).
However, my secondary phone, which is usually roaming in Canada, is
using mobile-to-mobile when that phone calls another ATT/Cingular
customer from the Rogers network (which I didn't think would apply).

The only hypothesis I have is that Cingular is taking steps to integrate
the ATT system which mimics its own already established Cingular system.
For example, on the Cingular Nation plans, mobile-to-mobile minutes
can be used anywhere your anytime minutes can be used. Therefore, using
this hypothesis, mobile-to-mobile minutes can be used in Canada because
anytime minutes can be used there, much like Cingular Nation with added
coverage in Canada as part of the plan. However, it could simply be
some [currently] unknown issue, or an issue that is not of utmost
importance because it is probably only affecting a few customers (maybe
even only me).

I'm not sure why the main phone is not charged mobile-to-mobile minutes,
but as I won't come close to using my anytime minutes anytime soon, I'm
safe to wait and see if it irons itself out in the next few months.

Anybody else have any ideas? I have alerted them, but am just curious
as to what might be going.

TH

PS: the only reason I have so many minutes is because I chose the
minimum plan to get 7pm nights (as I am pretty much calling from about 7
to 10 on weeknights for work). As part of the promo with my company, we
got a lot of bonus minutes, and combining that with our discount, it
came to a pretty sweet deal with Canadian roaming and long distance to
Canada covered.

More about : mobile mobile

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 12:21:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Is it possible to get Canada calling as part of your plan with Cingular? I
did not know but I'd love that.

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
news:41DF4570.4090605@example.net...
> Here's something that's strange in my minutes...
>
> I have an ATT GSM America National Plan with 1100 minutes (more than I'll
> ever need, but was a good deal) with 2 phones. I have the North American
> package. My main phone, which I use exclusively in Florida, is not using
> the mobile-to-mobile bucket at all (which is not pressing because I only
> use about 300 day minutes per month on the plan). However, my secondary
> phone, which is usually roaming in Canada, is using mobile-to-mobile when
> that phone calls another ATT/Cingular customer from the Rogers network
> (which I didn't think would apply).
>
> The only hypothesis I have is that Cingular is taking steps to integrate
> the ATT system which mimics its own already established Cingular system.
> For example, on the Cingular Nation plans, mobile-to-mobile minutes can be
> used anywhere your anytime minutes can be used. Therefore, using this
> hypothesis, mobile-to-mobile minutes can be used in Canada because anytime
> minutes can be used there, much like Cingular Nation with added coverage
> in Canada as part of the plan. However, it could simply be some
> [currently] unknown issue, or an issue that is not of utmost importance
> because it is probably only affecting a few customers (maybe even only
> me).
>
> I'm not sure why the main phone is not charged mobile-to-mobile minutes,
> but as I won't come close to using my anytime minutes anytime soon, I'm
> safe to wait and see if it irons itself out in the next few months.
>
> Anybody else have any ideas? I have alerted them, but am just curious as
> to what might be going.
>
> TH
>
> PS: the only reason I have so many minutes is because I chose the minimum
> plan to get 7pm nights (as I am pretty much calling from about 7 to 10 on
> weeknights for work). As part of the promo with my company, we got a lot
> of bonus minutes, and combining that with our discount, it came to a
> pretty sweet deal with Canadian roaming and long distance to Canada
> covered.
>
>
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 2:59:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <LOrEd.9970$5R.4337@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
"Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to get Canada calling as part of your plan with Cingular? I
> did not know but I'd love that.
>
> "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> news:41DF4570.4090605@example.net...
> > Here's something that's strange in my minutes...
> >
> > I have an ATT GSM America National Plan with 1100 minutes (more than I'll
> > ever need, but was a good deal) with 2 phones. I have the North American
> > package. My main phone, which I use exclusively in Florida, is not using
> > the mobile-to-mobile bucket at all (which is not pressing because I only
> > use about 300 day minutes per month on the plan). However, my secondary
> > phone, which is usually roaming in Canada, is using mobile-to-mobile when
> > that phone calls another ATT/Cingular customer from the Rogers network
> > (which I didn't think would apply).
> >
> > The only hypothesis I have is that Cingular is taking steps to integrate
> > the ATT system which mimics its own already established Cingular system.
> > For example, on the Cingular Nation plans, mobile-to-mobile minutes can be
> > used anywhere your anytime minutes can be used. Therefore, using this
> > hypothesis, mobile-to-mobile minutes can be used in Canada because anytime
> > minutes can be used there, much like Cingular Nation with added coverage
> > in Canada as part of the plan. However, it could simply be some
> > [currently] unknown issue, or an issue that is not of utmost importance
> > because it is probably only affecting a few customers (maybe even only
> > me).
> >
> > I'm not sure why the main phone is not charged mobile-to-mobile minutes,
> > but as I won't come close to using my anytime minutes anytime soon, I'm
> > safe to wait and see if it irons itself out in the next few months.
> >
> > Anybody else have any ideas? I have alerted them, but am just curious as
> > to what might be going.
> >
> > TH
> >
> > PS: the only reason I have so many minutes is because I chose the minimum
> > plan to get 7pm nights (as I am pretty much calling from about 7 to 10 on
> > weeknights for work). As part of the promo with my company, we got a lot
> > of bonus minutes, and combining that with our discount, it came to a
> > pretty sweet deal with Canadian roaming and long distance to Canada
> > covered.
> >
> >

According to the Cingular web site, it's 59 cents a minute to call
Canada from the U.S. with your Cingular phone (and uses minutes too I
assume).

<http://onlinestore.cingular.com/html/Northeast/waswas/W...
index.htm>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:13:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Richie wrote:
> Is it possible to get Canada calling as part of your plan with Cingular? I
> did not know but I'd love that.

With an ATT plan, you can get Canada as part of the calling area. The
cost is about $10/month/phone, and that gives you long distance to
Canada at no extra charge and there is no roaming charge to use the
phone in Canada. It is an add-on called "North American Package".

With a Cingular plan, if you contact them, you can choose a plan much
like Verizon's North America's Choice. The plan is much more expensive,
and covers about the same calling as the ATT plan. When I switched, the
best deal they could give me was $74.99/month for 400 minutes -- no MTM,
no N/W minutes. Depending on who you work for, you might be able to get
a discount with an ATT plan.

I'm not sure what area you're from, but the ATT plan, treating Canada as
an add-on package is very nice. For two phones, I get 1100
minutes/month, unlimited MTM, unlimited 7 nights/weekends, and no
roaming in or long distance to Canada. Here's the breakdown:

Calling Plan - 800 minutes + 100 bonus + 200 bonus
$59.99
North America package
$9.99
Second Line
$9.99
North America Package
$9.99

So, all in all about $90/month plus taxes/fees. I get a generous
discount through my employer, so it's a little bit less, but still a
good deal.

TH
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:41:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E27F8A.6070308@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> Richie wrote:
> > Is it possible to get Canada calling as part of your plan with Cingular? I
> > did not know but I'd love that.
>
> With an ATT plan, you can get Canada as part of the calling area. The
> cost is about $10/month/phone, and that gives you long distance to
> Canada at no extra charge and there is no roaming charge to use the
> phone in Canada. It is an add-on called "North American Package".
>
> With a Cingular plan, if you contact them, you can choose a plan much
> like Verizon's North America's Choice. The plan is much more expensive,
> and covers about the same calling as the ATT plan. When I switched, the
> best deal they could give me was $74.99/month for 400 minutes -- no MTM,
> no N/W minutes. Depending on who you work for, you might be able to get
> a discount with an ATT plan.
>
> I'm not sure what area you're from, but the ATT plan, treating Canada as
> an add-on package is very nice. For two phones, I get 1100
> minutes/month, unlimited MTM, unlimited 7 nights/weekends, and no
> roaming in or long distance to Canada. Here's the breakdown:
>
> Calling Plan - 800 minutes + 100 bonus + 200 bonus
> $59.99
> North America package
> $9.99
> Second Line
> $9.99
> North America Package
> $9.99
>
> So, all in all about $90/month plus taxes/fees. I get a generous
> discount through my employer, so it's a little bit less, but still a
> good deal.
>
> TH

I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
November 15.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:42:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

> I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> November 15.

You thought wrong.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 4:46:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

> I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> November 15.

If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to an
ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E28736.9090902@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> > November 15.
>
> If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to an
> ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
> update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.

But Navas told us how compatible the back office systems were and they
would be merged quickly. It's 3 months now.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:07:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E2863D.7060905@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> > I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> > November 15.
>
> You thought wrong.

I'm just going by Cingular press releases. i.e.

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:44:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

>>>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
>>>November 15.
>>
>>You thought wrong.
>
>
> I'm just going by Cingular press releases. i.e.
>
> <http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
> UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

In what city in Texas do you reside?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:46:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <41E28736.9090902@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>
>>>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
>>>November 15.
>>
>>If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to an
>>ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
>>update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.
>
>
> But Navas told us how compatible the back office systems were and they
> would be merged quickly. It's 3 months now.

Define quickly in terms of a merger of a service company as such.

I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.

TH
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:51:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E294BD.5070100@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> >>>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> >>>November 15.
> >>
> >>You thought wrong.
> >
> >
> > I'm just going by Cingular press releases. i.e.
> >
> > <http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
> > UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>
> In what city in Texas do you reside?

and that's relevant to this because?
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:57:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E29542.2020804@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

>
>
> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <41E28736.9090902@example.net>,
> > Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> >>>November 15.
> >>
> >>If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to an
> >>ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
> >>update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.
> >
> >
> > But Navas told us how compatible the back office systems were and they
> > would be merged quickly. It's 3 months now.
>
> Define quickly in terms of a merger of a service company as such.
>
> I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
> easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.

Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
hasn't.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 5:57:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Zwick,
For God's sake, get off of this. Find something else to do with your time.
You're not serving any purpose here.

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-8724E9.08561210012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <41E29542.2020804@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Jack Zwick wrote:
> > > In article <41E28736.9090902@example.net>,
> > > Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >>>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
> > >>>November 15.
> > >>
> > >>If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to
an
> > >>ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
> > >>update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.
> > >
> > >
> > > But Navas told us how compatible the back office systems were and they
> > > would be merged quickly. It's 3 months now.
> >
> > Define quickly in terms of a merger of a service company as such.
> >
> > I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
> > easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
>
> Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
> hasn't.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:35:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

>>In what city in Texas do you reside?
>
>
> and that's relevant to this because?

Because you keep bitching about the AT&T Wireless stores that aren't
Cingular stores in your area. I'm willing to bet that you live in an
area where Cingular must divest the AT&T Wireless portion...including
stores, customers, spectrum, and network assets.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:38:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

>>I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
>>easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
>
>
> Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
> hasn't.

Who are "they"? Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
15th? I read that benefits of Cingular are available to AT&T Wireless
customers...and they are. However, those customers may be required to
switch to the Cingular side to use those benefits.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:45:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E2A0D0.1030400@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> >>In what city in Texas do you reside?
> >
> >
> > and that's relevant to this because?
>
> Because you keep bitching about the AT&T Wireless stores that aren't
> Cingular stores in your area. I'm willing to bet that you live in an
> area where Cingular must divest the AT&T Wireless portion...including
> stores, customers, spectrum, and network assets.

Nope. I like the way my stating the facts that disagree with your
preconceived notion becomes "bitching". Some stores have a Cingular
balloon, and in some cases they may have a sloppily placed canvas sign,
but the large 3D lit AT&T Wireless signs are all still there. And you go
inside they are still selling AT&T Wireless phones and plans, and tell
you go to a Cingular store if you have a Cingular question. They do wear
Cingular logoed shirts however.

Only 3 logical explanations:

1. Atlanta has no idea what's going on.
2. The store will be closed on April 26.
3. The store will be sold back to AT&T for use by AT&T Mobile.

And I was reminded of that watching a Kinko's 3-d sign being replaced
with an identical font sign saying FedEx Kinkos. But then FedEx
announced it was doing that in May and it took it 9 months to do it.
Cinular MUST do it in 6 months, but said it did it on Nov. 15.

Read their press release!

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-6F2976.07400710012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Mon, 10 Jan
2005 13:41:39 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
>November 15.

You thought wrong, as we've pointed out many times.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:22:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-07FD43.08074110012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Mon, 10 Jan
2005 14:07:48 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <41E2863D.7060905@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> > I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
>> > November 15.
>>
>> You thought wrong.
>
>I'm just going by Cingular press releases. i.e.
>
><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

You were (and are) misinterpreting Cingular press releases, which don't say
what you claim.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:23:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-B4812E.09454410012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Mon, 10 Jan
2005 15:45:51 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>And I was reminded of that watching a Kinko's 3-d sign being replaced
>with an identical font sign saying FedEx Kinkos. But then FedEx
>announced it was doing that in May and it took it 9 months to do it.
>Cinular MUST do it in 6 months, but said it did it on Nov. 15.

Nope.

>Read their press release!

Take your own advice. Read the actual words.

><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:34:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-0AECEF.08045310012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Mon, 10 Jan
2005 14:05:00 GMT, Jack "Chicken Little" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <41E28736.9090902@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> > I thought AT&T Wireeless plans were supposed to not be sold after
>> > November 15.
>>
>> If you get the discount through your employer, you will be steered to an
>> ATT plan. I have heard it is because Cingular has not yet applied the
>> update to its billing system, allowing the discounts.
>
>But Navas told us how compatible the back office systems were and they
>would be merged quickly.

Nope. What I actually wrote
<http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=Iutgd.2064%24...;
or <http://tinyurl.com/3mxd3&gt;:

From: John Navas
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws
Subject: Re: Going from ATTWS to Cingular
Message-ID: <Iutgd.2064$_3.27393@typhoon.sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:39:20 GMT
...
The number of users (subscribers) is largely irrelevant -- what matters is
the number (one) and type of (compatible) back office systems. This
integration actually looks to be easier than prior integrations.

Which part of that don't you understand? Shall we start with "This"?

>It's 3 months now.

No surprise there (to anyone but you).

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:35:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-8724E9.08561210012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Mon, 10 Jan
2005 14:57:44 GMT, Jack "Chicken Little" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <41E29542.2020804@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

>> I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
>> easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
>
>Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
>hasn't.

Nope.

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." [Alexander Pope]
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." [Mark Twain]
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 9:37:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <41E2A162.8040003@example.net> on Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:38:08 GMT, Tropical
Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

>>>I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
>>>easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
>>
>>
>> Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
>> hasn't.
>
>Who are "they"? Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
>operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
>15th? I read that benefits of Cingular are available to AT&T Wireless
>customers...and they are. However, those customers may be required to
>switch to the Cingular side to use those benefits.

ATTWS customers actually got the benefit of the Cingular network prior to
closing of the merger thanks to free roaming, which continues, and in November
got the benefit of expanded mobile-to-mobile, both without switching.
--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/&gt;

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
difficult to redirect, awe inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." --Gene Spafford
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:55:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <sJzEd.2475$tF.2440@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
"Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Zwick,
> For God's sake,

Are you a friend of Bin Laden. He speaks for G_d also.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:58:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

In article <41E2A162.8040003@example.net>,
Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

> >>I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
> >>easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
> >
> >
> > Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
> > hasn't.
>
> Who are "they"? Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
> operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
> 15th? I read that benefits of Cingular are available to AT&T Wireless
> customers...and they are. However, those customers may be required to
> switch to the Cingular side to use those benefits.

But not at some AT&T WIreless stores.

Yes I have proofo. It's the November 16 press release of Cingular that
Navas claimed didn't exist.

Title of Press Release:


Cingular Completes Massive Overnight Conversion of AT&T Wireless Stores

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>

Only problem: IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 3:34:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <sJzEd.2475$tF.2440@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
> "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Zwick,
>>For God's sake,
>
>
> Are you a friend of Bin Laden. He speaks for G_d also.

GFYS
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:29:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
>operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
>15th?

As near as I can remember the 15th of November date was for Mobile to Mobile
across platforms and that DID happen.

Fully integrated can mean a number of things depending on your point of view.
It could be technology, marketing or even billing. Don't cut them short unless
you are more specific in what you are talking about when it comes to
integration.

I can tell you that they ARE in the process of integrating cell site equipment
and that is going to be a long arduous task. Probably 2 years or more.....

--
John S.
e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:51:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <20050111162904.12109.00000047@mb-m15.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
> >operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
> >15th?
>
> As near as I can remember the 15th of November date was for Mobile to Mobile
> across platforms and that DID happen.
>
> Fully integrated can mean a number of things depending on your point of view.
> It could be technology, marketing or even billing. Don't cut them short unless
> you are more specific in what you are talking about when it comes to
> integration.
>
> I can tell you that they ARE in the process of integrating cell site equipment
> and that is going to be a long arduous task. Probably 2 years or more.....

or 4 or 6. They still havent integrated all the pieces stuck together to
makie Cingular 5 years ago.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:06:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-C4D728.03570511012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Tue, 11 Jan
2005 09:58:36 GMT, Jack "CHICKEN LITTLE" Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <41E2A162.8040003@example.net>,
> Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
>
>> >>I actually have to take John's side on this one....he said it would be
>> >>easier than past integrations. Truthfully, I think it will be.
>> >
>> >
>> > Fine, but they claimed it was done as of November 15, and it still
>> > hasn't.
>>
>> Who are "they"? Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
>> operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
>> 15th? I read that benefits of Cingular are available to AT&T Wireless
>> customers...and they are. However, those customers may be required to
>> switch to the Cingular side to use those benefits.
>
>But not at some AT&T WIreless stores.
>
>Yes I have proofo. It's the November 16 press release of Cingular that
>Navas claimed didn't exist.

It doesn't.

>Title of Press Release:
>
>Cingular Completes Massive Overnight Conversion of AT&T Wireless Stores
>
><http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...
>UL1&STORY=/www/story/11-16-2004/0002458939&EDATE=Nov+16,+2004>
>
>Only problem: IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Only problem: It doesn't actually support your claims.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:06:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.attws (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-71BB9F.03541211012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Tue, 11 Jan
2005 09:55:43 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <sJzEd.2475$tF.2440@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
> "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Zwick,
>> For God's sake,
>
>Are you a friend of Bin Laden. He speaks for G_d also.

I sense Godwin's Law to be imminent. :) 

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:00:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <20050111162904.12109.00000047@mb-m15.aol.com> on 11 Jan 2005 21:29:04 GMT,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

>>Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
>>operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
>>15th?
>
>As near as I can remember the 15th of November date was for Mobile to Mobile
>across platforms and that DID happen.
>
>Fully integrated can mean a number of things depending on your point of view.
>It could be technology, marketing or even billing. Don't cut them short unless
>you are more specific in what you are talking about when it comes to
>integration.
>
>I can tell you that they ARE in the process of integrating cell site equipment
>and that is going to be a long arduous task. Probably 2 years or more.....

I'd be willing to bet less.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:00:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jzwick3-CE8EFE.15514711012005@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Tue, 11 Jan
2005 21:51:54 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <20050111162904.12109.00000047@mb-m15.aol.com>,
> sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:
>
>> >Do you have proof that "they" said that AT&T Wireless
>> >operations will be 100% integrated with Cingular operations on November
>> >15th?
>>
>> As near as I can remember the 15th of November date was for Mobile to Mobile
>> across platforms and that DID happen.
>>
>> Fully integrated can mean a number of things depending on your point of view.
>> It could be technology, marketing or even billing. Don't cut them short unless
>> you are more specific in what you are talking about when it comes to
>> integration.
>>
>> I can tell you that they ARE in the process of integrating cell site equipment
>> and that is going to be a long arduous task. Probably 2 years or more.....
>
>or 4 or 6. They still havent integrated all the pieces stuck together to
>makie Cingular 5 years ago.

Irrelevant. Apples and oranges.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
January 14, 2005 5:49:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"> Irrelevant. Apples and oranges.
>
Actually that's blueberries and oranges.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 8:11:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <HZQFd.13876$wi2.911@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com> on Fri, 14 Jan 2005
14:49:11 GMT, "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

>"> Irrelevant. Apples and oranges.
>>
> Actually that's blueberries and oranges.

Good point. :) 

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter