Your question

Numerica Paging Backdoor

Tags:
  • Verizon
  • Phones
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Wireless Carriers
January 17, 2005 1:47:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I oversee the phone system at our corporation. I need to be able to send a
"numeric page" to Cingular, Sprint and Verizon phones without calling the
phone themselves when staff receive a voice mail on our corp vm system. I
have figured out how to do it on T-Mobile using their xxx-xxx-9999 backdoor
number and Nextel's xxx-xxx-PAGE number, but I can't figure out how to do it
on the other 3 networks. Anyone know how to do this? I appreciate your
help...coworkers are after me to figure out how to do this so they don't
have to carry numeric pagers anymore.

FYI to other users:

T-Mobile back door
First 6 digits of cell number followed with 9999 (xxx-xxx-9999)

Nextel back door
First 6 digits of cell number followed with PAGE (xxx-xxx-PAGE)

Thanks,
Brian in Kansas City

More about : numerica paging backdoor

January 17, 2005 1:47:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

It's called Office Message Alert (aka OMA). It is a free service (no per
month charges) that must be enabled for each line, but it accrues normal
text messaging charges based upon usage. Once it is enabled, use it with
the following sequence:

888.284.3811 followed by pause(s) followed by 10-digit VZW number
followed by 10-digit callback number

Note: Callback number MUST be 10 digits -- any less and no text message
will be sent.

Press release from when it was introduced:

http://news.vzw.com/news/2002/10/pr2002-10-28.html

"B" <crtconsulting@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:T9CGd.204214$ye4.190271@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> I oversee the phone system at our corporation. I need to be able to send
a
> "numeric page" to Cingular, Sprint and Verizon phones without calling the
> phone themselves when staff receive a voice mail on our corp vm system. I
> have figured out how to do it on T-Mobile using their xxx-xxx-9999
backdoor
> number and Nextel's xxx-xxx-PAGE number, but I can't figure out how to do
it
> on the other 3 networks. Anyone know how to do this? I appreciate your
> help...coworkers are after me to figure out how to do this so they don't
> have to carry numeric pagers anymore.
>
> FYI to other users:
>
> T-Mobile back door
> First 6 digits of cell number followed with 9999 (xxx-xxx-9999)
>
> Nextel back door
> First 6 digits of cell number followed with PAGE (xxx-xxx-PAGE)
>
> Thanks,
> Brian in Kansas City
>
>
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:47:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

tgw wrote:
> It's called Office Message Alert (aka OMA). It is a free service (no per
> month charges) that must be enabled for each line, but it accrues normal
> text messaging charges based upon usage. Once it is enabled, use it with
> the following sequence:

Unlike a numeric page left through the voicemail system, however, each message
sent this way will incur the standard charge for received text messages (2
cents per message last time I checked).

FYI.

--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:06:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:01:55 -0500, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:

>It's called Office Message Alert (aka OMA). It is a free service (no per
>month charges) that must be enabled for each line, but it accrues normal
>text messaging charges based upon usage. Once it is enabled, use it with
>the following sequence:

You MUST be a BUSINESS LINE SUB to have this added.

Been there done it, CS will NOT under any circumstances add this to a personal
line. Tried to get it for 4 months. Email, CS roulette, same response "Business
lines only."
January 18, 2005 12:49:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

That is incorrect -- I have it on my personal line. It works great with my
home phone (Panasonic cordless phone/answering machine with pager
notification).

<xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info> wrote in message
news:1mkou0ls9kr8g5g3s8mfoap13qdt2b05u4@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:01:55 -0500, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:
>
> >It's called Office Message Alert (aka OMA). It is a free service (no per
> >month charges) that must be enabled for each line, but it accrues normal
> >text messaging charges based upon usage. Once it is enabled, use it with
> >the following sequence:
>
> You MUST be a BUSINESS LINE SUB to have this added.
>
> Been there done it, CS will NOT under any circumstances add this to a
personal
> line. Tried to get it for 4 months. Email, CS roulette, same response
"Business
> lines only."
>
>
January 18, 2005 12:56:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You are correct -- that is what I meant by "it accrues normal text messaging
charges based upon usage".

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:csf1ni$6no$3@ratbert.glorb.com...
> tgw wrote:
> > It's called Office Message Alert (aka OMA). It is a free service (no
per
> > month charges) that must be enabled for each line, but it accrues normal
> > text messaging charges based upon usage. Once it is enabled, use it
with
> > the following sequence:
>
> Unlike a numeric page left through the voicemail system, however, each
message
> sent this way will incur the standard charge for received text messages (2
> cents per message last time I checked).
>
> FYI.
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
> Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
> amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 11:17:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:49:50 -0500, "tgw" </dev/null@spam.com> wrote:

>That is incorrect -- I have it on my personal line. It works great with my
>home phone (Panasonic cordless phone/answering machine with pager
>notification).

This is CORRECT and this is the SAME RESPONSE I got from 4 different emails, and
playing CSR roulette "

Here is a copy of one of the emails:

Return-path:
Envelope-to:
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:28:13 -0400
Received: from .com with local-bsmtp (Exim 4.34)
id 1BqHVc-0004Q4-I5
for ; Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:28:13 -0400
Received: from [199.74.158.77] (helo=alice.odc.vzwcorp.com)
by with esmtp (Exim 4.34)
id 1BqHVc-0004Pw-Cz
for; Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:28:12 -0400
Message-Id: <3bftih$1vc609u@alice.odc.vzwcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:28:08 -0400
To: <rec9140>
Subject: Re: Re: I would like information on new calling plans and features
(KMM14445447V32284L0KM)
From: VZW - Mobile Web <vzwkanacsMobileWeb@gl.verizonwireless.com>
Reply-To: VZW - Mobile Web <vzwkanacsMobileWeb@gl.verizonwireless.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset = "us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: KANA Response 7.0.1.142
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=2.7 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_44,SUBJ_HAS_UNIQ_ID
autolearn=no version=2.63
X-Spam-Level: **

Dear,

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our =
Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time =
you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your Office Message =
Alert question.

Office Message Alert is provisioned for business customers with 5+ =
lines. For more information, please contact our Business Support =
Department at 1-800-323-4045.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have =
any further questions.

Sincerely,

Daphne
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Service Agreement =
and calling plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read
=
those materials for full details. Our liability is limited. In the =
event of a conflict between this response and the terms of your Service
=
Agreement and calling plan, the terms of your Service Agreement and
calling =
plan will govern. Verizon Wireless's calling plans, rate areas, rates,
=
agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies are =
subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
------------------------
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:16:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

>You MUST be a BUSINESS LINE SUB to have this added.

I have had this feature for over a year on my personal phone- it took a lot of
talking and a lot of transfer- finally when I spoke to someone in the 'data'
section of customer service they added it for me- and so far- NO problems with
it at all--
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:18:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

<xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info> >
> Office Message Alert is provisioned for business customers with 5+ =
> lines. For more information, please contact our Business Support =
> Department at 1-800-323-4045.

In my case, they simply verified that my business had five or more
landlines. (We have eleven.) Then they added the feature--which pages my
individual cell phone.

Put another way, the qualifier seemed to be that a business wants the
service for use with internal voice mail systems.

-Paul-
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS