How can I get out of my 2 year agreement?

Brooklyn08

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
I'm new to the forum so please forgive me for any errors in my posting. In august I signed up for a 2 year service agreement with sprint. In exchange I received one of the new Fusic phones without charge. In my 3rd month of service, my phone's battery was malfunctioning and required me to send the phone back to LG wireless for repair. Lg wireless sent back a refurbished phone that, big surprise here, would power itself off every time you pushed the OK button. I was beside myself needless to say. When I received the refurbished phone from LG Wireless I had to reactivate the phone. When I contacted Sprint customer service, they told me that my account had been accidentally disconnected due to the transition to nextel and they were unable to activate my account. They said that they'll write up a work order and have someone contact me. So far, I'm still waiting for LG wireless to send me a second phone and I'm still waiting on Sprint to call me regarding the activation problem. Just when I think things can't get any worse, in the meantime, I've just received my latest bill charging me $170 dollars for early termination. As of today, I have no phone and no service. Can anyone blame me for wanting to get out of my contract with sprint?! Given the BS I've been through, do I have a legal way to get out of my two year contract without incurring the early termination fee? So far, I've been without a working cell phone for about a month...and counting.

zaireeka1

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
your best bet is to call up customer service 1-888-788-5001 and tell them you want to cancel your sercice. they should then transfer you to a retention team. tell the retention team that you want a new handset and a bill credit for all the time you have been down. Im not sure they will let you out of your contract. but you may be able to get a better plan, a new phone and a bill credit for all the problems you have had.