Status
Not open for further replies.

mfunk1000

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Hey Forum,
So I travel back and forth between shanghai and the US every month. Right now I have Verizon Wireless in the US and love the service but hate the phone (which I think is common) In china I have a phone on the china mobile service which uses a SIM card. Cool phone. Is their any way I can use this phone or another cool phone I buy here on the verizon network. I can buy CDMA phones here but they all take SIM cards. I don't mind having 2 phone numbers (one US and one china- much cheaper this way) so having 2 sim cards is not a big deal but I would like to have just one phone. any ideas?
thanks!
-marc

psychoselya

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Unfortunately, it would take some real trickery on your part to do so, and the results may not be what you have hoped for. I'm not sure what CDMA bands are used in China, but even if they were the same as VZW uses, they wouldn't activate the phone because its ESN is not in their acceptable ESN database. The only two ways I can think of getting it even attached to your account would be have a manager level CS approve the ESN addition (very very unlikely), or hack the phone so that its ESN is something acceptable (the esn for your phone you dont like for example)(this is illegal, not I dont know why). You will still have lots of problems, as they phone would not connect to the data networks properly, and possibly not even the voice networks.
I would simply find a VZW phone that you like. The options are growing pretty rapidly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.