Your question

Mobile internett while on trvelling in the US?

  • Cingular
  • Mobile
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Wireless Carriers
January 7, 2009 6:38:32 PM

Ok, this is not a Cingular-only question, but since I had to choose a subsection I chose the first one.

Hello, I am planning a small roadtrip in the US, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to have internett access while traveling. In the bigger cities there are probably alot of hotspots, but I need something that I can use when there aren't any hotspots (or I simply can't find them).

Here in Norway we have something called Mobile Internet where you pay a fixed amount and then you can connect a modem to your laptop and surf on the 3G network.

As far as I can see it's the same as this:

But if I buy a modem separately, is it possible for me as a forreigner to buy a one or 2 month subscripion to such a service?

More about : mobile internett trvelling

March 16, 2009 12:29:27 AM

Yes - you could rent an aircard from a company such as Rovair ( They rent aircards for the Verizon and Sprint carriers. Generally speaking, if you are going to be in more rural areas, I would opt for a Verizon card. Verizon has the more superior network in less populated areas.

Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS