How can I activate a NEW altel phone on verizon

moondog7

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I have a business and for years I have used the Kyocera KX12 due to the mil grade indestructibility. These phones are currently compatible. I still have several new ones for spares. One phone went down, I had it repaired locally (while I activated a $30 POS @#$%^ verizon phone in its place. Now that its repaired, Verizon states it is no longer compatible! duh!! I still have a company full of these. Seems these corporate idiots have me over a barrel. I could change but its the principle of the thing.

moondog2696

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Correct. The phones I purchased were kyocera kx12's. One broke. I purchased a cheap (and I do mean cheap) used phone to temporarily replace it. After I got the kyocera repaired, Verizon refuses to reactivate it because it was purchased from Alltel. They say its company policy, its outdated, blah, blah. Verizon wont reactivate this one phone but I have a company full of them. At the time, I paid right at $300 a phone in bulk. It just really ticks me off to no end. I cant even pay them to activate it, I have tried. Also, I had some spares I had misplaced. They are new. Now basically I am being told to throw them out.Is there any way to activate these phones? What is it that lets them recognize the phone? Does the electronic serial number red flag it? If thats the case why do my other ones work?

There is no way to put it on Verizon's network without them being involved. Are they branded as Verizon with their software on it? Try just dialing *228, and going though your account activation, it should ask for the phone number, and your account password. Did you talk to a consumer rep or a business one? Try this number 866-463-2244, if you have a business plan with them, that is the tier 2 support number we use, a lot faster and better techs than if you just dial their regular account.

burgesr

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
I have exactly the same problem. I bought a Motorola Razor V3M from them --- when they were Altel. But I did not try to activate it until my old phone died. Yesterday I took the brand new phone out of the box for the first time. Battery works and the phone was already programmed with the correct phone number by Alltel. But Verizon refuses to activate it, and they will not give me any kind of a credit or refund. Despite its being brand new, I don't even think I can sell my Razor to pay for a new phone that will work on Verizon.