Your question

excel spreadsheets and pocket excel.....

Tags:
  • Windows Phone
  • Excel
  • Spreadsheet
  • Microsoft
Last response: in Windows Phone
April 29, 2004 4:20:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have a spreadsheet that has a fair bit of formatting
done to it and when i transfer it to my pocket pc, it
doesn't show any information. As if it has no data at all.
Is pocket excel limited to very basic spreadsheets??
Please email me if you ahve any information....

More about : excel spreadsheets pocket excel

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 2:07:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Yes it is limited.
Try SpreadCE - it is almost fully functional Excel:
http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
(and turn of the conversion of Excel files in PC's ActiveSync -> options
menu)

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 2:07:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

SpreadCE should do what you want. Also SoftMaker's Plan maker is in Public
beta and one can download it for free. It is also an excellent spreadsheet
for both PPC as well as Windows. It's as close to Excel as one can get
without paying the biggest bucks. You can download it at

http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm

Jim

"Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
news:#dcVOEcLEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Yes it is limited.
> Try SpreadCE - it is almost fully functional Excel:
> http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
> (and turn of the conversion of Excel files in PC's ActiveSync -> options
> menu)
>
> --
>
> .: Jakub Kanczugowski
> .: www.PDAclub.pl
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 4:13:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Be careful- the version on the site expires 1st May- you don't find out
until *after* you download. It says I have 1 day to try it out...
It looks good but 1 day isn't any good for trying it out properly. I hope
it's not an indication of how good their Customer Care is.


"Jim Trotter" <jatrotteatbellsouthdotnet> wrote in message
news:%23PoI4jcLEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> SpreadCE should do what you want. Also SoftMaker's Plan maker is in Public
> beta and one can download it for free. It is also an excellent spreadsheet
> for both PPC as well as Windows. It's as close to Excel as one can get
> without paying the biggest bucks. You can download it at
>
> http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm
>
> Jim
>
> "Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
> news:#dcVOEcLEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Yes it is limited.
> > Try SpreadCE - it is almost fully functional Excel:
> > http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
> > (and turn of the conversion of Excel files in PC's ActiveSync -> options
> > menu)
> >
> > --
> >
> > .: Jakub Kanczugowski
> > .: www.PDAclub.pl
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 4:13:46 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

There is a new final Beta build 263 on the softmaker website at the url Jim
noted below as of today. This one's good till June 1, by which time they
expect the final version to be out.

Eric


"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:c6s2ec$e44$2@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Be careful- the version on the site expires 1st May- you don't find out
> until *after* you download. It says I have 1 day to try it out...
> It looks good but 1 day isn't any good for trying it out properly. I hope
> it's not an indication of how good their Customer Care is.
>
>
> "Jim Trotter" <jatrotteatbellsouthdotnet> wrote in message
> news:%23PoI4jcLEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > SpreadCE should do what you want. Also SoftMaker's Plan maker is in
Public
> > beta and one can download it for free. It is also an excellent
spreadsheet
> > for both PPC as well as Windows. It's as close to Excel as one can get
> > without paying the biggest bucks. You can download it at
> >
> > http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > "Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
> > news:#dcVOEcLEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Yes it is limited.
> > > Try SpreadCE - it is almost fully functional Excel:
> > > http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
> > > (and turn of the conversion of Excel files in PC's ActiveSync ->
options
> > > menu)
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > .: Jakub Kanczugowski
> > > .: www.PDAclub.pl
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:36:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I just got the email from them.

Where is this date on the website? It's not in plain view. It seems like you
have to download and install before you find out- why isn't it on the
download page? It's fairly important to know this king of info.

Customer Service like this should possibly get the deserved reward- not
bother with them.


"Eric J. Ransick" <ransick@pcisysDOTnet> wrote in message
news:%23QpxVNlLEHA.1032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> There is a new final Beta build 263 on the softmaker website at the url
Jim
> noted below as of today. This one's good till June 1, by which time they
> expect the final version to be out.
>
> Eric
>
>
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:c6s2ec$e44$2@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > Be careful- the version on the site expires 1st May- you don't find out
> > until *after* you download. It says I have 1 day to try it out...
> > It looks good but 1 day isn't any good for trying it out properly. I
hope
> > it's not an indication of how good their Customer Care is.
> >
> >
> > "Jim Trotter" <jatrotteatbellsouthdotnet> wrote in message
> > news:%23PoI4jcLEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > SpreadCE should do what you want. Also SoftMaker's Plan maker is in
> Public
> > > beta and one can download it for free. It is also an excellent
> spreadsheet
> > > for both PPC as well as Windows. It's as close to Excel as one can get
> > > without paying the biggest bucks. You can download it at
> > >
> > > http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >
> > > "Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
> > > news:#dcVOEcLEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > Yes it is limited.
> > > > Try SpreadCE - it is almost fully functional Excel:
> > > > http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
> > > > (and turn of the conversion of Excel files in PC's ActiveSync ->
> options
> > > > menu)
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > >
> > > > .: Jakub Kanczugowski
> > > > .: www.PDAclub.pl
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:29:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

AlanS wrote:
> Thank you for letting me know that.
>
> I still think it is remiss of them not to clearly indicate the expiry date
> for the software, and indicates poor thought for customers. A few words on
> the web page could easily make this clear, for some reason they choose not
> to do this. At your own risk means 1 days use in their eyes.
>
> However as you have a good opinion of them I may try the new beta. I am on
> very slow dial-up and it took around 2 hours first time.
>
I am sorry that you essentially had the beta for just one day, but the
web page does clearly spell out the expiration date. Have a look at
http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm to verify this.

The new beta expires on June 1, 2004, giving you 30 more days to try out
PlanMaker.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
April 30, 2004 10:51:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

kieran wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that has a fair bit of formatting
> done to it and when i transfer it to my pocket pc, it
> doesn't show any information. As if it has no data at all.
> Is pocket excel limited to very basic spreadsheets??
> Please email me if you ahve any information....

yes both word and excel are big disapointments, Microsoft are just using
the brand name to sell devices. Images and Tables support would have
been nice!

Marc
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 4:06:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Martin Kotulla" <mk999@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:c6tdas$th$06$1@news.t-online.com...
> AlanS wrote:
> > Thank you for letting me know that.
> >
> > I still think it is remiss of them not to clearly indicate the expiry
date
> > for the software, and indicates poor thought for customers. A few words
on
> > the web page could easily make this clear, for some reason they choose
not
> > to do this. At your own risk means 1 days use in their eyes.
> >
> > However as you have a good opinion of them I may try the new beta. I am
on
> > very slow dial-up and it took around 2 hours first time.
> >
> I am sorry that you essentially had the beta for just one day, but the
> web page does clearly spell out the expiration date. Have a look at
> http://www.softmaker.de/pmpdemo_en.htm to verify this.
>
> The new beta expires on June 1, 2004, giving you 30 more days to try out
> PlanMaker.
>
> Martin Kotulla
> SoftMaker Software GmbH

Thanks.
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS