Copying Text Messages to a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I have an MDA Vario with Windows Mobile 5 on it. I synchronise it under Windows XP MCE using ActiveSync. Only problem is that it doesnt copy over the text messages to the computer.

These text messages contain important information so its imperitive that I copy these over to the computer to store them permanently. My dad's Samsung D600e and Motorola Razor V3 all provided the feature to copy over messages within the software. Windows Mobile dont seem to provide such a feature as I cannot find any of my text messages in Microsoft Outlook or in my WM Documents.

How do I find my text messages on the phone and copy them onto the computer for backup and then copy them back onto the phone.

Thanks for your help!

chilledsandwich

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
Hi, there is one that I know of, it is quite good actually, lets you copy texts into Microsoft Outlook, and then when you are syncing your phone, you can use the computer keyboard to type a message and send it out then through the phone. I used a program called Jeyo Mobile Extender (clicky) and it worked fine. It even worked for me to copy all of my messages onto the computer and then back onto my phone after a hard reset. Hope it works for you. I think there is a trial version before you shell out your hard-earned for the full version

Status
Not open for further replies.