Smart phone without data plan requirement

angieradloff

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Is there a smart phone with a qwerty keybaord that will synch my outlook calendar from my laptop that does not require an extra monthly fee for a data plan. I only want a cell phone and my outlook calendar. It has to be through verizon, too.

sparia1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
yeah get pay-as-you-go

or check out amazon and "pretend" to sign up for a new account, the phones that require a data plan will make you choose one the ones that don't make you choose don't require it.

the best solution would probably be call verizon and ask

henage

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
I use Nokia N78 smart phone all the time without a data plan. It has Wi-Fi so I could get the Internet and emails at any place where Wi-Fi is availabe. It has free Nokia maps (almost the whole world) stored in the micro SD card, so that I could access map and GPS at any place and any time without a need of Internet connection (in contrast, other smart phones, such as iPhone and others, require Internet on the go). This phone has sometime substituted my Garmin GPS when I travel.

I just bought Nokia N97 Mini for my daughter. She also enjoys the phone in the campus where Wi-Fi is everywhere. She told me that she could do emails, Facebook, and watch Youtube in the cafeteria. Of course, there is no data phan in her phone either.