Your question

Windows Mobile 6.1 -- Spoof Mac Address

Tags:
  • Windows Phone
  • Windows Mobile
  • Mac Address
Last response: in Windows Phone
January 28, 2010 9:02:58 PM

Hi guys, at my school we have a stupid wifi connection that doesn't let none school devices get in by using MAC address filtering. My friend used the mac address of a computer at our school and spoofed the mac address on his iTouch. I have the registry editor and all installed, i just cant manage to find how to change the mac address... I have an LG Incite (CT810)

More about : windows mobile spoof mac address

February 4, 2010 3:49:30 AM

Well, there's a reason why your school admin is doing Mac filtering, you know :p 
m
l
February 6, 2010 6:29:01 PM

well not really. It's just stupid actually because they could easily just have us gain access with our school id and password but they dont. makes no sense
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2010 5:18:01 PM

You can't change your MAC address, per say, because it's hardware-based. There are ways you can mask it with different programs, but I haven't been able to find any for Windows Mobile (or previous versions of Microsoft's mobile OSs).

Edit: Yes, the school should be using a bluesocket type technology...I've never seen one that hasn't. However, they may only have intranet access on that network, you know..
m
l
February 8, 2010 11:14:56 PM

Well I know for a fact that I can access the internet because my friend does it on his iPod Touch. and yeah spoofing mac address == changing it by software. i know you cant really change the hardware mac ;) 

m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook