Disadvantage of winmo 6 5 on htc diamond 2

felero

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I have an HTC Touch Diamond 2 running on winmo 6.1. I want to upgrade the OS to winmo 6.5 but I was wandering, why HTC didn't install it in the first place? As compared to HTC Touch HD2 with winmo 6.5 installed. Is it ok or advisable to upgrade my HTC os to winmo 6.5?

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003

Because the phone launched early last year before the finalization of WinMob 6.5, so you carrier launches the latest stable build and if you buy it unlocked, then you get whatever was installed at time of production.

Let me guess, next year you'll be asking why your Samsung Omnia 2 or LG iQ doesn't have Win7 Phone on it by default. :lol:

zxxxt

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Check HTC site and maybe they have an upgrade on your phone. Upgrading is a matter of whether you need it or just want the latest everytime.

If HTC site doesn't have 6.5 for Diamond 2 then try XDA Developers Forum, most prolly they have 6.5 cooked rom you can install on your Diamond 2.

tupix

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

I agree!

felero

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I already have upgraded my HTC Touch Diamond 2 from winmo 6.1 to winmo 6.5. It was successful and it's now running as normal. So for some of you who haven't tried it yet, do it without thinking. It feels like every button became reactive to touch and the menus look more modern than the 6.1. Also it seems that it doesnt consume much of the battery compared before. My only gripe is the limitation of free games to download. Also, all the free games for winmo are not so nice compared to iPhone's free games.