Smartphone poll: Which one's best

What's the best phone OS in your opinion?

• Apple iPhone

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Google Android

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Samsung Bada

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Nokia Maemo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows Phone 7

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palm

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Well, if I had to drop an opinion I would say it comes down to who you are and what you use it for.

Personal, it all comes down to tastes really.
I'd love to play around with an Android.

For business though, nothing beats the Blackberry, and I don't think any company is really trying. When used in conjunction with a BES, it allows you to push e-mail, force security settings (allow no program trusted access to 'X' controls), content filter, etc.

Blackberry is also supposed to be getting Flash 10.1 sometime this year, so I'm quite excited.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Win7 islittle more than a powerpoint presenttion, and that might be enough for other OSs, but unfortunately WinMob always looks great on paper, it's actually using it that's painful.

Hopefully that has changed, but I wouldn't be adding it to any "Best OS' poll yet.

It's the one I'm most hopefully for (because it will push everyone forward), but I was hoping that's what 6.5 would do too (especially after working with the non-castrated early alphas/betas).

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Android wins here guys. i was surprised by the percentage, then i realized that it was out of 3 votes total hehe. and win7 phone looks niccee

Starges

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
If only the Plam Pre could run faster than it does, then it would definately be on top.
It takes about 15-55 seconds just to boot-up!!!

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

OverClock it

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
I used to overclock my Kyocera 7135 and other Palm Pilots I used to have. The drangonball overclocked easily (although some apps got messed up since they relied on the clock too heavily [like time on the Kyo would get messed up if not refreshing off the network, sometimes showing a different time until I opened it to connect]).

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003

And yet despite your enthusiasm it has 0 votes. :lol: :kaola: :lol:

It's a nice phone, but it's not enough going forward IMO.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

I swear I've seen you post this exact same thing somewhere else.

If not, then I'm psychic!

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
So I've been playing around with an Android and I have to say I'm quite impressed (Moto Droid to be exact).

If I ever decided I needed a non-work phone (and wanted to pay for phone + plan), I would probably go Droid or Win7Mo, depending on Win7Mo turns out.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003

I know the EVO is Android, but the i9000 I saw last year was running BADA, they are now offering both starting with the Android 2.1 model first.

I thought you were referring to the BADA version, especially since Android had already been mentioned.

It's probably the future, but we won't know 'til the fall when Blackberry has a better browser and OS integration, Apple updates their OS, and Win7 actually comes out. For now everything is still in transition with Android being the current OS darling, but still far from perfected.

Now U R so wrong. The OS does do multi-tasking, and will even support it with 3rd party apps, but like on the iPhone it will be rigorously controlled. M$ has said they will offer it to some apps, but they will not allow just anything to run unchecked in the background. I'd prefer a balance like that in PalmOS, rather than the two extremes of locked down like iPhone and randomly running crap like WinMob right now.

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
If the multi-tasking is controlled cannot be utilized, do u still call it multi-tasking? multitasking is like the maemo 5 and sense ui offers, true switching from app to app and not using that power to boost up fps of home screen

where the hell did u get a chance to bada and a alpha phase platform and alpha phase device.

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003

We're talking about the OS capability, not the early implementation.

where the hell did u get a chance to bada and a alpha phase platform and alpha phase device.

Kinda helps to be 'on the inside', do you think I actually pay for any of the phones I have, they are all sent to me by mfrs. ;)