Does Nokia provides new handset on replacement?

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I am getting wierd conenction error in one of my simcard, however that simcard works good in Motorola.

By seraching in some forums, some ppl said, that they provide replacement if you get this kinda error.

I got this phone just a month back, so if they replace it, will the provide me with new one? & if yes, how will i know if its a new one?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
its just the way businesses work. if its not a replacement then they use refurbished parts. just like anyone who has had to send in a xbox 360 gets a refurb back and it doesn't matter if they had it 2 months or a year.

buying a second hand can be a little messy because you have to make sure if it will work on your carriers cell network.

best bet might be to see if you can pick up a prepaid phone from your carrier and then get them to put your current plan on it for you

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
You can ask, but they aren't required to give you a new phone.

If you were within the return/cancellation period you could always get a refund and restart, but replacements are not required to be new, nor does it make sense that they should be either, since you used your device up until it failed, so it wasn't fresh in box either.

It should be as good as new, but it's not new.