Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does Nokia provides new handset on replacement?

Last response: in Cell Phone General Discussion
May 3, 2010 10:54:29 PM

I am getting wierd conenction error in one of my simcard, however that simcard works good in Motorola.

By seraching in some forums, some ppl said, that they provide replacement if you get this kinda error.

I got this phone just a month back, so if they replace it, will the provide me with new one? & if yes, how will i know if its a new one?
May 3, 2010 11:20:56 PM

i doubt it. usually if dealing with your phone carrier they will replace it with a refurb or a refurb of another model of phone. if Nokia replaces it chances are good that they will just give you a refurbished phone also
m
l

Best solution

May 4, 2010 4:40:05 AM

Yep usually carriers provide refurbs, they are actually specialized refurbs often without batteries and accessories.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 4, 2010 9:36:22 AM

can i just ask them for new phone because my mobile is new and why should i deserve a Refurb phone? if they provide refurb, i can simple get a second hand phone.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:14:17 AM

its just the way businesses work. if its not a replacement then they use refurbished parts. just like anyone who has had to send in a xbox 360 gets a refurb back and it doesn't matter if they had it 2 months or a year.

buying a second hand can be a little messy because you have to make sure if it will work on your carriers cell network.

best bet might be to see if you can pick up a prepaid phone from your carrier and then get them to put your current plan on it for you
m
l
May 5, 2010 2:19:20 AM

You can ask, but they aren't required to give you a new phone.

If you were within the return/cancellation period you could always get a refund and restart, but replacements are not required to be new, nor does it make sense that they should be either, since you used your device up until it failed, so it wasn't fresh in box either.

It should be as good as new, but it's not new.
m
l
May 5, 2010 3:00:59 AM

if i get the replacement, will i get more 1 year warranty on that? or it will count on my original warranty period?
m
l
May 5, 2010 5:14:24 AM

Usually it's in continuation of your original warranty not a new one.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:10:25 PM

Best answer selected by sunzeal.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:11:16 PM

thanks, Captain Charisma & The GreatGrape* for helping me.

Really Appreciated.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter