I need a touchscreen smartphone

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I will make it short.

I need to be able to check emails and surf the web wherever I go. I wanted to get the new HTC evo 4g but I have a few complaints:

1) I don't even get 4g in my area
2) I have to pay $10 extra just to use it a month
3) I have to pay $30 extra just to tether stuff to it

Pros:

1) Sprint network rocks
2) Amazingly huge display
3) Android 2.1
4) Front facing camera

I also get a state employee discount which would wrap up my monthly bill to somewhere around $80 a month. If anyone can top that or give me a better idea for a phone please do! I'm switching from T-mobile which has HORRIBLE reception everywhere because of their crappy edge bullshit so that is why I'm switching to CDMA style Sprint. Any and all ideas welcome!

Tethering always costs extra. I don't think Verizon has any unlimited tethering plan; I believe it's 5GB per month then extra $$ per MB beyond that tethering data limit.

Does Sprint have a maximum tethering data transfer limit per month before extra $$ gets tacked on? Smartphones always have higher monthly fees, but at least you got $70 for unlimited calls, text and data (excluding tethering).

4G is up and coming, it takes time to install that infrastructure.

Forte125

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Look at the incredible. Personally I feel the EVO has some useless features (Front facing camera, HDMI output) whereas the incredible seems to have some more useful features. If you are a heavy data user the EVO has no cap (even on 3G, that's that extra $10 a month) and it is great for travel if you stream pandora while driving.