HTC Desire/HD2/Nexus?

mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Hi can anyone suggest a phone out of Desire/HD2/Nexus?

I'd like a phone for some cool games(tower defense, stratagy) but i'd mainly use it for apps, like networking tools (eg spoofers/hacks/packet generaters), music software, browsing the internet, streaming videos. But as I said i'd like it to have a wide range of networking tools available for it.

Or would I be better off with a windows mobile phone?

Hello :)
The main difference between them is the OS,Desire and Nexus use Android and can be upgraded to 2.2,whereas HD2 uses Winmo 6.5 and its not officially upgradeable to Windows 7.
And between Desire and Nexus,well they are pretty much the same.The difference is that Nexus has a better build quality; on the other hand,Desire has a custom HTC Sense UI installed on it(Nexus doesn't have this one)

mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Cheers for the info!

Do you know when win mobile 7 phones are out? Would it be worth the wait?
Does android OS have a good range of apps/games available?

I don't know the exact date,but i can tell you that if you want to wait,you can't every buy anything because there are always new stuffs around the corner
And as for android,yes it has a great range of apps/games

mr_fruitbowl

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I've heard that the nexus one is meant to be "the" phone for development. Thoughts on this?

I thought because they're using the same OS that they would have the same utilities/applications?

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I say Nexus One. It's got a great build quality, looks awesome, and Google tends to come out with stuff for it first, so you get all sorts of goodies faster.

ak22

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Hi there i have the HTC Desire I would recommend that over the HD2 as it runs windows 6.5 mobile and 7 is out soon, also the android Os is better in my opinion, I believe the desire is a upgraded version of the nexus.

The android os is very customisable works well for me so fare I have my gmail and other mail accounts also my iCal synced up Facebook tweeter world cup updates :p, the only down side the battery, so if you want to play games a lot on the go you can purchase batteries with more juice

The Android has great range of apps not as many as apple, but its open source theres always new great apps coming out!

But I read here that "The Desire lacks US 3G/UMTS" in USA so get nexus but if your in the EU/ Asia its ok.

Heres another great forum to ask for help: http://androidforums.com/

ak22

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

Hey Just downloaded Gameboy advance& & Snes Emulator on the Desire sure u can find some nice Strategy games :p

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Desire and Nexus One are essentially the same phone. Desire has Sense UI and optical trackpad, Nexus One has stock Android and a trackball. But the UI doesn't matter much, you can change them. So it's really personal preference looking at them.